PDA

View Full Version : Italian PA

FlyingIrishman
21st Sep 2003, 23:34
Having been inspired by my usual PA being translated to Swedish, I'm looking for someone kind enough to translate it to Italian to add to my collection. My company has a lot of flights to Italy and I think it's nice for the passengers to be greeted in their native language as well as English (as well as the Irish accent being difficult to understand for foreigners apparently).

If anyone out there will translate this I'd very much appreciate it:

Ladies and Gentlemen, good morning/afternoon/evening and welcome aboard, this is your captain speaking. My name is xxx and assisting me on the flight deck is first officer xxx. You have a great crew looking after you in the cabin led by cabin supevisor xxx and her team of xxx, xxx and xxx who will take good care of you this morning/afternoon/evening.

We are almost ready to go, just waiting for the last bits of paperwork to be completed, expecting to close the doors and start the engines in the next 5 minutes. The expected flight time today is approximately x hours and x minutes, our routing today will take us away from xxx towards xxx, then passing xxx, xxx and xxx, before beginning our descent over xxx. We will be cruising at xxx thousand feet and weather en route should be good.

The cabin crew will be performing a safety demonstration while we taxi the aircraft to the runway so I would ask you to please pay them your full attention as it is not only for your own safety but also for those passengers seated around you.

I will be speaking to you later on with more information about the flight, the latest weather for xxx and the approximate arrival time. In the meantime please relax and enjoy the service, thank you for your attention.

Grazie mille,

TFI

azdriver
22nd Sep 2003, 01:32
Ladies and Gentlemen, good morning/afternoon/evening and welcome aboard, this is your captain speaking. My name is xxx and assisting me on the flight deck is first officer xxx. You have a great crew looking after you in the cabin led by cabin supevisor xxx and her team of xxx, xxx and xxx who will take good care of you this morning/afternoon/evening.
Signore e Signori, buongiorno/buon pomeriggio/buona sera e benvenuti a bordo, è il comandante che parla. Mi chiamo xxx e mi assiste in cockpit il primo ufficiale XXX. Avete un ottimo equipagggio che vi assiste in cabina diretto dal supervisiore xxx e composto da xxx,zzz, e www che si prenderanno buona cura di voi oggi.
We are almost ready to go, just waiting for the last bits of paperwork to be completed, expecting to close the doors and start the engines in the next 5 minutes. The expected flight time today is approximately x hours and x minutes, our routing today will take us away from xxx towards xxx, then passing xxx, xxx and xxx, before beginning our descent over xxx. We will be cruising at xxx thousand feet and weather en route should be good.
Siamo quasi pronti a partire, stiamo aspettando gli ultimi documenti e prevedo che nei prossimi cinque minuti chiuderemo le porte ed avvieremo i motori. La durato del nostro volo oggi e di x ore e x minuti, la rotta ci porterà da xxx a www, passando per xxxx,xxx e yyyyprima di iniziare la nostra discesa sopra xxx. Voleremo ad una quota di (8000m ottomila metri 9000m novemila metri 10000m diecimila metri 11000m undicimila metri 12000m dodicimila metri, 10500 diecimila e cinquecento metri, 8500m ottomila e cinquecento metri etc.) ed il tempo lungo la rotta dovrebbe essere buono.

The cabin crew will be performing a safety demonstration while we taxi the aircraft to the runway so I would ask you to please pay them your full attention as it is not only for your own safety but also for those passengers seated around you.
L'equipaggio di cabina effettuerà una dimostrazione durante il rullaggio vi chiedo di prestare attenzione non solo per la vostra sicurezza ma anche per i passeggeri seduti attorno a voi.

I will be speaking to you later on with more information about the flight, the latest weather for xxx and the approximate arrival time. In the meantime please relax and enjoy the service, thank you for your attention.
Parlerò con voi piu' tardi con altre informazioni riguardanti il volo, le condizioni meteorologiche di xxx ed il tempo approssimativo di arrivo. Nel frattempo rilassatevi e e buon viaggio, grazie per l'attenzione.

Don't try to say the whole thing if you're not confident with your italian. Wouldn't sound to clear...

seeya

FlyingIrishman
22nd Sep 2003, 04:47
Thanks for all your trouble. I'm confident alright, plus Italian with an Irish accent might have an entertainment element for the masters of the lingo...