PDA

View Full Version : French PA

FlyingIrishman
21st Sep 2003, 23:27
Having been inspired by my usual PA being translated to Swedish, I'm looking for someone kind enough to translate it to French to add to my collection. My company has a lot of French flights and I think it's nice for the passengers to be greeted in their native language as well as English (as well as the Irish accent being difficult to understand for foreigners apparently).

If anyone out there will translate this I'd very much appreciate it:

Ladies and Gentlemen, good morning/afternoon/evening and welcome aboard, this is your captain speaking. My name is xxx and assisting me on the flight deck is first officer xxx. You have a great crew looking after you in the cabin led by cabin supevisor xxx and her team of xxx, xxx and xxx who will take good care of you this morning/afternoon/evening.

We are almost ready to go, just waiting for the last bits of paperwork to be completed, expecting to close the doors and start the engines in the next 5 minutes. The expected flight time today is approximately x hours and x minutes, our routing today will take us away from xxx towards xxx, then passing xxx, xxx and xxx, before beginning our descent over xxx. We will be cruising at xxx thousand feet and weather en route should be good.

The cabin crew will be performing a safety demonstration while we taxi the aircraft to the runway so I would ask you to please pay them your full attention as it is not only for your own safety but also for those passengers seated around you.

I will be speaking to you later on with more information about the flight, the latest weather for xxx and the approximate arrival time. In the meantime please relax and enjoy the service, thank you for your attention.

Merci beaucoup,

TFI

priscilla
22nd Sep 2003, 00:10
with pleasure....good idea!
"Mesdames et messieurs, bonjour (bonsoir after 5pm) et bien venue à bord, ici Monsieur XXX votre commandant de bord. Le copilote XXX m'assiste dans le cockpit. L'équipage dirigé par xxx, la (le ) chef de cabine et son équipe (composée de xxx,xxxx...),prendra soin de vous ce matin .(cette après midi, ce soir)"
This is for the first part...but French pilots are not so talkative!
They usually say:

"Mesdames messieur bonjour ici votre commandant, je suis très heureux de vous accueillir a bord de cet A3XX d'Air France, aujourdhu'hui nous mettrons txheures et xminutes pour rejoindre notre destination xxx, ou le temps est [beau/nuagueux] avec une température de [xx°]. merci pour votre attention "

priscilla
25th Sep 2003, 01:31
We are almost ready to go, just waiting for the last bits of paperwork to be completed, expecting to close the doors and start the engines in the next 5 minutes. The expected flight time today is approximately x hours and x minutes, our routing today will take us away from xxx towards xxx, then passing xxx, xxx and xxx, before beginning our descent over xxx. We will be cruising at xxx thousand feet and weather en route should be good.

" Nous allons être prêts à partir. Il nous reste quelques papiers à remplir puis nous fermerons les portes et mettrons en route rapidement. Le temps de vol prévu aujourd'hui sera de x heures et x minutes. Ce vol relie xxx à xxx . Nous survolerons xxx,xxxx puis xxxx avant de commencer notre descente au dessus de xxx. Notre niveau de croisière sera xxx mille pieds et la météo semble bonne sur notre route "

see you next time for the last part :D

priscilla
2nd Oct 2003, 05:35
The cabin crew will be performing a safety demonstration while we taxi the aircraft to the runway so I would ask you to please pay them your full attention as it is not only for your own safety but also for those passengers seated around you.

Pendant que nous roulerons vers la piste, l'équipage vous fera une démonstration des consignes de sécurité. Veuillez s'il vous pla't y être attentifs afin d'assurer votre propre sécurité ainsi que celle des gens qui vous entourent.

I will be speaking to you later on with more information about the flight, the latest weather for xxx and the approximate arrival time. In the meantime please relax and enjoy the service, thank you for your attention.

Je vous parlerai plus tard et vous donnerai plus d'informations concernant ce vol, dont la météo à XXX et l'heure estimée d'arrivée. Détendez vous et profitez du service, merci de votre attention.

I hope it will be usefull.......

eaglejet
2nd Oct 2003, 15:41
Et alors qu'est ce qu'on dit FlyingIrishman??????

priscilla
3rd Oct 2003, 04:28
Et alors qu'est ce qu'on dit FlyingIrishman??????

So what do you say Irlandaisvolant ???
:D on ne m'arrete plus :D

dodoflies
3rd Oct 2003, 18:40
Yes, today we have KILKENNY on board et on va volé........ bourré
:ok:

FlyingIrishman
5th Oct 2003, 00:12
Thank you very much for going through all this trouble, I really appreciate it. Merci beaucoup!