PDA

View Full Version : KODA B707 at SEN

HZ123
21st Sep 2003, 19:42
This ancient a/c is soon to take to the air again for hotter climes in Africa. It has been parked outside for about 2+ years and its most recent hangarage was for a respray.

Can someone tell me how the undercarriage integrety can be ascertained if it is not jacked up and checked. The last long term resident 707 took off at the beginning of this year and got as far as Le Touget or somewhere in France as the crew could not retract the undercarriage, that a/c too had spent in excess of 2+ years outside.

Finally where are flight crews obtained for these old a/c and how is it possible to keep sim time or flt time or as the a/c is on a 9L reg does it not matter. Thanks

Somebody must have the knowledge

oligoe
23rd Sep 2003, 06:22
I know some crews doing such flights on 707s, I know that none of them was current but they all had about 30000 hours of flight in their logbooks.....

gaterbait
4th Oct 2003, 12:14
HZ,the boeing MM allows you to do the u/c retraction test on ground or in flight. Also who the hell are koda & where is SEN?

Red Four
11th Oct 2003, 17:41
Off to Malta any day now apparently; I'm sure it will have an interesting future in the depths of Africa somewhere!

Unwell_Raptor
12th Oct 2003, 17:16
Its former Captain and F/O are each serving 20 years for drug smuggling. That's why it sat at Southend for so long.

As part of the defence case was that the a/c was taken to Southend for maintenance the prosecution had the aircraft examined by a professional. I have seen the report, and there were dozens of faults.

allthatglitters
14th Oct 2003, 01:09
Aircraft last seen midday, pushing a tug from Park 4, LMML, down the main runway, towards the terminal, and then turned sharp right, up a small incline, to a maintenance facility, rumour has it for a D check.