PDA

View Full Version : German Audit office slams Eurofighter

ORAC
21st Sep 2003, 18:18
The Times:

The Eurofighter, designed as the main strike aircraft for Britain and other European countries for the next 25 years, has been attacked as obsolete and technically flawed. Germany's federal audit court, a spending watchdog, say's the plane is vulnerable to cold weather, that it's cockpit canopy may not withstand the impact of a bird and that it is not fit to fly combat missions "for the foreseeable future".

M609
21st Sep 2003, 20:50
say's the plane is vulnerable to cold weather

This bit has reached our national media, and some parts of the industry that has been promissed sub contracts if Norway selects the Eurofighter, is getting a bit worried.......

Needless to say, a fighter unable to operate in cold climate is of little use to us.......:uhoh:

I was Lucky_B*
21st Sep 2003, 20:53
I tahke it this is how the Germans intend to stitch us again. The aircraft is already late because of them!

tonybliar
22nd Sep 2003, 05:28
In fact it is so late that it is obsolete!

Training Risky
24th Sep 2003, 22:22
I wonder what ACM Peter Squire was REALLY thinking as he happily took delivery of the first Bureaufighter at Warton a few weeks ago?

Runaway Gun
25th Sep 2003, 05:01
Hang on ein minuten,

What size bird are we talking about here? Ostrich sized?
These guys aren't being very specific..... next thing these auditors will claim that it can't fly very high (meaning above 70,000ft) or can't carry many JDAMs (compared to the B2), or that it can't be painted different colours (in waterpaint).

Don't listen to the dull guy. :ugh: