PDA

View Full Version : HF Frequencies

Leatherdog
21st Sep 2003, 13:24
Just a quick question regarding HF frequencies, I hope that the likes of HOSS can help.

I remember some time ago flicking through the Jepps (Radio Aids I think)and finding a small number of HF Freq's that broadcasted commercial radio. I cannot for the life of me find them. Either the two copies of Jepps that I've looked through have the same page missing or the section in question has been removed.

Any help would be great.

Leatherdog.:ok:

compressor stall
21st Sep 2003, 19:11
Do a short wave search on google. I found a worldwide shortwave frequency chart. Then copied it to word, formatted it and trasported it to excel. Then Sort by region - oceania, printed to A6 and sat in the bottom of the navbag for those looong sectors :).

Also the back of the ERSA nav/comm section has Radio Australia freq's. 15230 a 8660 spring to mind - depends of the time of day.

9770 is Voice of America in the mornings - It's scary listening to news from that persepctive!

Enjoy!

CS

Torres
22nd Sep 2003, 14:16
Radio Australia HF frequencies:

Radio Australia Frequencies (http://members.ozemail.com.au/~ventmond/pages/radio_aus.htm)

Leatherdog
24th Sep 2003, 09:46
Thankyou both for your help. It should keep me occopied on the longer flights about Oz.

Cheers

Leatherdog.:ok:

hoss
29th Sep 2003, 06:51
G'day Leatherdog,

Just got back from a holiday in the USA and clicked this post first:ok: after checking out the latest in Reporting Points of course :) .

I couldn't find the 'commercial frequencies' in the Jepps. You probably already know this but in case you don't, remember low sun/low number. ie. 0600 HF3452 / 1200 HF8843 / 1600 HF6541 :) .

Safe flying, hoss:)