View Full Version : QF Melbourne Shortlist Extended!

ozskipper
20th Sep 2003, 09:09
Just got an email from Qantas advising that they have extended the period I can be on the shortlist for til March next year!

For those who are curious, I went through the last batch of recruitment in November 02 and had my interview in Feb this year.

I must admit I have been pooping myself since reading the other posts thinking that shortlisters may not be extended, so quite relieved!

Good luck to the other Melbourne and other applicants!

Cheers

:D

AIRBUST
20th Sep 2003, 17:29
What a relief I was extended too.
The date of extension is to 31 st March 2004. I also liked the way they wrote" When vacancies arise in this period". To me this offers hope as it doesn't mention the "downturn in the airline industry" as previously quoted.
Wishfull thinking.
Good luck to other applicants, I hope that yours is extended too.

OZcabincrew
21st Sep 2003, 01:05
Well done guys! I went through the November interviews too in Perth. We had our interviews/medicals etc in December 2002 and were put on the shortlist at the start of Feb. We had our shortlist extended at the start of last month until the end of Feb 2004! So hopefully things are looking up for us shortlisters. From other posts Qantas haven't budgeted for ground schoools this financial year, meaning we possibly wouldn't get used until this time next year??? lets hope this is a rumour though. If not, I'm happy to sit and wait, as long as they don't kick me off the shortlist!

Well done again guys, congratulations, hope to see you in the sky soon!

:ok:

vdd
21st Sep 2003, 19:21
Congratulations guys!

I really hope things pick up soon so you all get THAT call and a shot at your dream career!

All the best
Cheers
vdd:D

wing8
23rd Sep 2003, 00:36
Pheewww.........have been extended once again until Feb 2004-only 5 months away!!
Patience is a virtue as they say,this is my third letter-I am into my second year of waiting,am grateful that I am still on it and until THAT call we must continue living life-was just told that I'd have to re-do my medical and police check though-bummer!

Lets hope all the others waiting get those "we are pleased to advise you...."letters..

Everything is crossed for all waiting!