PDA

View Full Version : 30 years of Jags flypast

DamienB
20th Sep 2003, 03:49
http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/pprune/jag302.jpg

Rooooaaar. Or is that 'brummmmmm' from the ones with the new engines... very nice anyway.

Man-on-the-fence
20th Sep 2003, 04:01
Isn't it amazing what they can do with mirrors nowadays :)

John (Gary) Cooper
20th Sep 2003, 14:13
Thanks for the pic Damien, saw the local TV news on the flypast last night, perfect diamond. I could here the roar of the engines from East of Ipswich when they were overflying Wattisham at just after 1700hrs, and that is some 10-12 miles as the Jaguar flies.

ps Damien where did you take the photo from, was this in Norwich itself?

TheNightOwl
20th Sep 2003, 14:42
My thanks as well, Damien, brought back happy memories of my 5 years at Lossie!

Kind regards,

TheNightOwl. :ok:

DamienB
20th Sep 2003, 18:55
My pleasure chaps. John - took it at Colt, as the formation stayed together until they'd overflown the station.

Incidentally from my viewpoint down the SW end, the airfield attack from one of the spares was highly impressive. Jag comes in low, Jag disappears behind trees, Jag pops up from among buildings - never got a pic as the trees and buildings got in the way!!

whowhenwhy
20th Sep 2003, 19:35
Well the piccy looks fantastic! Good job guys, shame I wasn't there to see it!

You want it when?
20th Sep 2003, 19:56
Again Damian an excellent picture. When are the collected works coming out?

I caught the Fly Past on on the local news and very good it was to. Does anyone know what happened to the spare who had trouble getting his gear up?

First time I saw a Jaguar was at Lossie too NightOwl! :ok:

Gericault
22nd Sep 2003, 01:02
The spare who had the snag on the Thurs didn't get involved in the practice and landed as soon as he was able to. Great photos, the aspect looks pretty good. There's life in the old jet yet!
The airfield attack was flown by a guy on his last trip on the jet after all the other diamond jets had landed. Looked pretty cool from where I was ! :D

Airbedane
22nd Sep 2003, 01:10
Blimey, is it really thirty years?................and we tried to wear 'em out in the 70's........didn't do that good a job, obviously............although, I do remember that the 16 ship we put up for Princess Margaret in 1976 turned into a 12 ship on the day........but the practice looked impressive, so I'm told............!

Well done chaps!

Airbedane.

ZH875
22nd Sep 2003, 01:27
Does anyone think that the Tornado Fleet could put that many airframes in the sky in one go, if they achieve 30 Year staus.

Perhaps not....

Long Live The Jag.

Jobza Guddun
22nd Sep 2003, 03:11
Guess we'll find out in 2010 then!!

Shouldn't be a problem providing we've still got around 60 jets in case of crew-outs....

Zlin526
22nd Sep 2003, 05:09
They must've got airborne from Bruggen to get that high!!

I'll get me coat...

Shackman
23rd Sep 2003, 05:20
Nice piccy, nice formation - but the first one at Lossiemouth was still the best. Aircraft just delivered and a Royal Visitor to impress. 'Twas only a two or three ship, but the PIO was certainly memorable.

(The practice for the next was even more so, but they've now filled the crater next to the SAR flight!)