PDA

View Full Version : Vale of Belvoir

FEBA
19th Sep 2003, 17:04
With so many air bases near by, the Vale sees plenty of aerial activity from the RAF. Yesterday a Chinook went overhead (1105 BST), you could hear it axeing its way through the skies from miles away.
So if your a helio pilot passing through the vale N5251.0W00051.0 drop in at the field at the eastern edge of the village, I'll be happy to put the kettle on for you.
If your an FJ pilot, Tornado, Jag or Harrier please feel free to pass over my house as low and as fast as you like. The kids love it.
Thanks
FEBA

newswatcher
19th Sep 2003, 17:08
Isn't that pronounced "beaver" FEBA? You may be attracting people with false expectations! :p

FEBA
19th Sep 2003, 17:12
As in the Cinq ports are pronounced Sink, Belvoir is pronounced locally as Beaver.
If your a pilot you cant miss the vale, there's a bloody great castle at the end of it.
FEBA

HectorusRex
19th Sep 2003, 18:46
This one FEBA? (http://www.belvoircastle.com/) :ok:

FEBA
19th Sep 2003, 19:00
Thats the one, the village in the background (main castle picture) is Woolsthorpe by Belvoir.
Haven't seen a sodding military aircraft since I posted , other than a Sea King AEW running west bound along the ridge. Seems to have the forward velocity of a snail!
FEBA

Impiger
19th Sep 2003, 21:27
New a chap once who went by the name of Justin Cider-Belvoir. Any relation?:D

Beeayeate
19th Sep 2003, 23:16
I knew a Mr Case once, his first name was Justin as well. :E :E

PlasticCabDriver
21st Sep 2003, 06:13
Once knew a Mike Ardigan-Fitzbadley. Used to live near that castle, but got involved in a bit of a fracas with one of the servants, and had to leave quickly. He had to split Belvoir.

Oggin Aviator
21st Sep 2003, 13:45
I knew a Mr Time once, his first name was Justin as well. :O

Good to see the mighty Baggers saying hello !!

Oggin