PDA

View Full Version : display flying

hairyclameater
19th Sep 2003, 06:28
Dear All

My first posting and I'm already asking for something for nothing!!

I am researching the noble art of display flying during the groovy 1970s.

I'm sure there are a few still sprightly 50 and 60 somethings(!) that can recall throwing around anything from a Chipmunk to a Belfast or a Gnat to a Vulcan. I really am interested in noting the actual sequences flown for each type - something I know that may well be lost in the ether now, but any small glimmer of that brilliantly timed, exquisitely executed and QFI adoring display would be great!

This goes out to any non UK bods- Starfighter shakers, F5 4 point rollers, Mirage manouverers etc etc- the more the merrier.

can give email address if rqd if you've got lots to say
:D

Zlin526
19th Sep 2003, 06:45
Hairy Clam Muncher,

Might I suggest you also post this on both the Private flying & Aviation Nostalgia forums. Military pilots are not the only 'aces' who get to fly air displays these days; indeed, if it wasnt for civilian air displays, the military wouldnt get to fly in many!:yuk:

Zzzzzzzzzzzlin 526

tonybliar
20th Sep 2003, 00:36
if it wasnt for civilian air displays, the military wouldnt get to fly in many!

Now there is a sure indication of an over-stretched military that cannot find time to show off.

PPRuNe Pop
20th Sep 2003, 03:35
Whoa! Multiple posts are off the menu. Not allowed! But I will copy this to Aircraft History and Nostalgia to get the best informed answers. The obvious choice thereafter is that it is merged with all the replies.

PPP