PDA

View Full Version : london lantern test

shaolin
18th Sep 2003, 19:02
Does anyone know a place near london where I can take the Holmes Wright, Beynes and Spectrolux Lantern Tests prior to attending a full class 1 medical at Gatwick.

I just want to know if I would pass these and experience what they are like.

I know I will fail the Ishihara as I've tried this at the local opticians and failed.

Also, if you know the cost of the same, that would be helpful.

Gatwick have told me that I can do the Holmes Write/Beynes (Not Spectrolux) first in the medical, so if I fail them, the medical won't continue and the charge will only be £50.

However, I'd like to get a feel of the tests first from somebody independent.

If you fail the tests at Gatwick, are you permitted an attempt at a later date? or is it limited?

I understand the Spectrolux is available at Netherlands JAA centre, but was looking for somewhere in UK, preferably near London.

Perhaps one of the AME's?

Thanks.

andyb79
18th Sep 2003, 20:08
not sure about the others but when i had to do the homes wright test i had to go to a university as it doesnt seem to be very common(even when i got there only one person knew how to do it) so i would think your best bet would be to find out what university does degrees for opticians near you and get in touch with them

Blinkz
19th Sep 2003, 02:50
your best bet would be city university, they have alot of tests, including a new computer one that *might* become an acceptable test in the future.

the only place in the UK that has a beyne lantern however is gatwick.

as far as i know it is next to impossible to get the CAA to restest you ( i really want to get retested as I'm sure i can pass the beyne if i have another go)

anyone have anymore info?