PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Blue name owned by Air NZ?!

Vmo248
18th Sep 2003, 08:20
Air NZ owns a company called Blue Pacific Tours Limited and have expressed some concern re new name of VB-NZ.

"We'll fight them in the skies, we'll fight them in the courtroom.."

404 Titan
18th Sep 2003, 11:08
Blue Pacific Tours is not the same as Pacific Blue. Let Air NZ take them to court. They will be wasting their money though. They do not have a claim to the words “Pacific” or “Blue”. Their only claim is to “Blue Pacific Tours”.

Thump & Go
18th Sep 2003, 14:40
That's what the guy on Aucklands North Shore thought about his cafe called Oscars(after his cat),then the Academy[awards] lawyers showed up and layed claim to the name of their statuettes!Needless to say they won - much deeper pockets:(
However,agree 404 I don't see that ANZ has much of a case.:yuk:

BCF Breath
19th Sep 2003, 05:22
Best Air NZ saves its money and gives it to their staff on that one...

Thump & Go
19th Sep 2003, 10:42
It's probably just a red herring;) or is that blue.....?

nzer
20th Sep 2003, 07:50
Again emotion outstrips logic - ANZ has "expressed concern" - that is not the same as taking anyone to court !!

splatgothebugs
20th Sep 2003, 16:07
Very true nzer, however it wouldn't surprise me if they (AIRNZ) also own the rights to the Pacific Blue name as well. It's common place these days if you are register a company to also grab any name that is similar to it @ the same time.

I would think if it was going to be a problem we will here about it on Monday. :D

jungly
20th Sep 2003, 18:36
Surely in NZ it should be called VIRGIN BLACK?

Then, combined with Oz, you'll have VIRGIN BLACK & BLUE.