PDA

View Full Version : Help - What Now???

stuharri2002
18th Sep 2003, 05:39
Hi all,

Have just completed JAA PPL in the states and am after some advice on what to do next. BTW i'd like to say that doing the PPL in the states was a great experience, cost a great deal less than in Britain and was no hassle. In fact i managed to obtain a complex and night rating while i was doing the PPL!!!
I was thinking about just doing some hours here in Britain while i save some money and then go back to the states, Instrument rating, CPL and then hour building as a flight instructor. However i was thinking about doing some ground school in britian along the way. Any suggestions??

ta

Stu

YYZ
18th Sep 2003, 15:32
I would not think about doing some ground school along the way I would do it.
You need the ATPL exams under your belt before you can progress forward in your chosen career.
They are hard as well, if you do them full time it should take 6-9 months & part time (distance) anything from 12-36 months depending on how much time you have to commit to it, I think the minimum study time prior to sitting these exams is 650 hours @ a cost of 1800-3000GBP not including accommodation etc.

Best of luck
:8

Squak2002
18th Sep 2003, 20:51
I think doing the ATPL's in the UK would be a good option. There are plenty of establishments who offer competitive Full Time courses.

At least you won't get a bit bored doing your entire training in the states and the standard of Ground School in the UK is second to none.

Good Luck anyway.