PDA

View Full Version : Malev pull out of LTN move

LTNman
18th Sep 2003, 01:44
After months of discussions, Malev Hungarian Airlines, have confirmed that they will not be moving their LGW operation to London Luton for the forthcoming winter season as they have picked up the slots vacated by Volare.

Buster the Bear
18th Sep 2003, 03:53
Correct, more in the queue outside the TBI marketing door though!

VIKING9
18th Sep 2003, 03:59
So how many flights a day would that have been ? I wonder who will pick up the slots !:confused:

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
18th Sep 2003, 19:08
Viking 9 - I assume you mean who will pick up the slots that Malev would have used at Luton?

If so, then the answer is "not applicable" as Luton is currently not slot controlled in anyway.

VIKING9
19th Sep 2003, 15:31
Mmmmm thought ACL controlled slots at LTN !! Maybe they are about to :confused:

LTNman
19th Sep 2003, 21:59
Have a look at https://www.online-coordination.com/Default.aspx?tabid=AvailWeek and enter any week you choose for Luton. The result is always the same 336 Greens. Each green = plenty of slots

Buster the Bear
20th Sep 2003, 02:43
Latest info indicates a re-newed interest by Malev!

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
24th Sep 2003, 20:44
Viking 9 - apologies ... I was a little imprecise in my last posting.

Yes, ACL do the slot co-ordination but as LTNman has pointed out, this is a little academic.

The real issue at Luton is the lack of apron space overnight, so on the face of it, foreign based airlines flying into Luton cause no problems unless they want to park overnight. Airlines such as Volareweb, Malev and Air Freedom that can't get into Gatwick and/or Stansted will be welcomed with open arms by TBI!

LGS6753
26th Sep 2003, 03:11
Sky Europe has today announced new flights between STN and Budapest. Will this make Malev flights from LTN to Budapest more or less likely??