PDA

View Full Version : Now the S-92 have a serious competitor

rotorrookie
17th Sep 2003, 02:05
Here you can see the newest Bell family member called
“Very Long Ranger”
It is Bell answer to Sikorky S-92. It has its engines connected in series and you can have as many as you likeno problem we just make the fuselage longer, it is also much cheaper than S-92 since it didn´t take a decade of testing to develop this baby just a little bit of garage work. The picture was taken of the first model undergoing some tests in Iceland. So Mr.Lappos are you scared already??? :} :}
http://homepage.mac.com/helipilot/PPRuNe/longlongrangerSM.jpg

p.s. are there any suggestions for better name than “Very Long Ranger” for this helicopter ??:ok:

Vfrpilotpb
17th Sep 2003, 02:42
How about "Limo-Ranger":cool:

PPRUNE FAN#1
17th Sep 2003, 05:24
Ugh, what a horrendous contraption! Somebody PLEASE tell me that this was never actually invented or flown.

...Um, not the Very Long Danger. I meant that hideous thing parked in the background, next to the blue lorry.

Nice Photoshop job, btw. Love to see Bell's seat-loading sequence diagram for that thing!

Barannfin
17th Sep 2003, 06:14
206L^2 or 3 depending on the model ordered;)

407 Driver
17th Sep 2003, 20:43
Once again, Excellent work by BELL, why spend all of that development money on a new airframe when the good old 206 series can be stretched and stretched and stretched (horizontally and lateraly).
I assume that we'll be seeing a new stretch version of the 407 soon also? :D

Heli-Ice
19th Sep 2003, 08:18
Eeeemmmm! How about "Scary Donk Banger" ?? :p

Ian Corrigible
20th Sep 2003, 00:05
A crazy design like that can only have one name: 'The DeRanger...!!'

:}

rotorrookie
20th Sep 2003, 01:14
what about Bus-Ranger or Longer Ranger and Longest Ranger:E

No comment from Nick Lappos yet I was hoping that he would give us some since this helicopter is serious competitor for his new bus :}

diethelm
20th Sep 2003, 01:24
Given the current arguements that reciprocating engines are safer than turbines, and the overwhelming R&D effort Bell is putting in Rotarcraft versus Tilt Rotor, I would assume it is powered by twin Lycomings.....

NickLappos
20th Sep 2003, 21:08
rotorrookie,
I won't be scared unless that thing flys over my house!

I saw an S-55 once that was modified by Orlando Helicopters to install almost wall to wall windows, modified for sight seeing. It had so little meat holding the bottom to the top that it was even scarier!

Flytest
23rd Sep 2003, 16:11
This is another one of these "doctored" photos that keep appearing in e-mail inboxes isn't it???

Good one, very amusing..... I hope.

rotorrookie
24th Sep 2003, 08:31
This is just what happens after you spent some lazy afternoon on the pc playing with photoshop and since the result where not that bad I thought it could be amusing for you guys to see it :E
I think this idea is not that bad,(if they used the BELL 427,four blades,two engines). or is it?. But seriously I think it would never be a serious competitor to the S-92 ,As the S-92 is outstanding helicopter and achievement, just made that bulls**t up to draw attention to the post

:p