PDA

View Full Version : QR-No AB320 Pilots needed?

Salehameera1998
16th Sep 2003, 21:04
Can someone confirm QR is not looking to hire AB320 drivers at this time. If that's the case why are they advertising in Flight Int'l?

330 Man
16th Sep 2003, 23:21
I received an email last week from QR inviting me to come for an interview the last week of September for the 320. Unfortunately I have an interview already scheduled for that week with another airline and had to ask for a delay. I have heard nothing yet from QR on my request. This would indicate to me that they are still looking for 320 qualified pilots.

drive a bus
30th Sep 2003, 05:16
They are still looking for approx. 28 CPT and FO within the next 6 month. Another a/c will arrive soon.

Maybe there is a higher demand, because some people will resign in the near future.

If you guys donīt receive a reply, be aggressive! The recruiting guy is busy and needs some "reminders" that you are there.

Salehameera1998
12th Oct 2003, 14:32
Dear boys and girls,

Here is the latest on QR requirments. I was short listed for interview for next week. I took my only three personal days for the year and lost over 20 hours of flight pay at my current job to make it for this interview that came with two weeks notice. Two days prior to my interview, QR recruitment came back and informed me my application was put on hold due to the fact my last flight in the Airbus was over a year ago.

Ramboflyer 1
12th Oct 2003, 18:43
they are morons, guys with 10,000 hours airbus have applied and not heard anything they dont even know what they want , good luck EK will bleed there supply.

Willie Everlearn
12th Oct 2003, 19:34
:confused:
Judging by the adverts in Flight as well as several posts on this forum, it would appear as though QR desperately need flight crew and at the rate of expansion they seem to have planned, I don't see where they're going to get what they need.
EK recruiting is maxed out at present. GF are/were seeking crew. Al Itihad are seeking crew, Gulf Falcon, and a few others in the Gulf are looking for crew as well.
:confused: I don't get it either.

Who's getting on with QR and what are their backgrounds?
They claim in their adverts, or at least imply, that those without a Type must sign a bond. If you are Type Rated with experience on Type but not current or haven't flown the Type in a few years and are prepared to sign a bond, what's the difference?
Does it mean if you ARE Typed but aren't current you won't be retrained, given recency, or simply trained if you are willing to sign a bond?

I guess I don't understand how this works. :confused:

Can anyone clear this up for those of us who are/may be interested in QR?

thanks, :ok:
Willie

PIA747
15th Oct 2003, 13:41
Normaly when QR recruits pilots with out a type rating, they train them on the A300-600. However in the recent advert in Flight International they seek pilots only for the A320 and the A330. How come?