PDA

View Full Version : Vietnam or UAE

on_the_go
16th Sep 2003, 20:56
Given the choice between Gulf Air in Abu Dhabi or Vienam Airlines in Ho Chi Mihn. Which would be the better choice. I have haven't had much luck finding any info on Vietnam Airlines so any info would be great.

malaysian eaglet
16th Sep 2003, 21:35
Everything depends on your situation? Are you married if yes... the vietnamese girls are so attractive that you can budget a divorce at 60%.
I am too old but if I was in your case I will not hesitate more than a couple of seconds except if money is your first aim.

millerscourt
16th Sep 2003, 22:13
on the go I would say Vietnam all the time.

Gulf Traveller on B767 at Abu Dhabi is a Low Cost (to employer) all around the Indian subcontinent in the middle of the night and Africa. Still interested???

Depends also whether you have Direct contract or through Agency with Vietnam. A lot of Agencies are trying to get Pilots on their database only for you to discover they don't actually have the contract.!

Soho-Sophie
16th Sep 2003, 23:05
Malaysian Eaglet - maybe you've been in Asia too long. Every red blooded male I speak to wouldn't give up an English girl with blond hair and big boobs for a Vietnam girl - fake, cold, calulating and only interested in the dollar is the true story. Yes divorce 60% , but regrets very quickly in 90%.

malaysian eaglet
17th Sep 2003, 18:57
Soho-Sophie
Do not be so sure about the charms of blonde UK girls. I know a lot of european men quite happy with their asian wife. (I am in this category).
Are the asian girls more calculating than their european sisters? At the end, it is done in a different way but the result is the same...Also an asian wife generally does not want to do a personal career and support her husband.... I stop there, plenty of different situations, fortunately, and a large diversity of characters in Asia like in Europe... So to everyone his choice
Also asian men prefer the european girls so you have still a lot of possibilities...
I forget about boobs... I don't need a MayWest.

bob_bowne
18th Sep 2003, 11:02
I have been here a year now, Saigon is probably the best asian city I have lived in. The girls are good if that is what you want.

The lifestyle is easy, it is very cheap to live, the people are friendly and do not resent the "Foreignors" being here being paid a great deal more than them for the same job.

I don't intend to move on in a hurry!

GhosRider
19th Sep 2003, 10:05
Hi There,

Does anybody know what the entry requirements are for VN?

Cheers

GhosRider

Soho-Sophie
20th Sep 2003, 06:06
:eek: A country full of desperate women who's only dream is to be with a Western male. Every Vietnam airline must have a huge waiting list of keen pilots. Guess they don't have to pay much with all the fringe benefits

Oh, and don't forget about all the desperate and dateless males who have been there before you :rolleyes:

blaireau
20th Sep 2003, 18:53
Post me a PM, I was there for 2 years

Big Nuts
22nd Sep 2003, 01:08
Sophie

Seem a little bitter ........Got traded in did we??:rolleyes:

Soho-Sophie
23rd Sep 2003, 17:23
Big Nuts, Small D***

Pleeeeeese.. I only go out with intelligent men. I don't get traded - I wouldn't trade sex for anything other than a deep meaningful loving relationship.

By the way did you know that 14,000 people a day contract AIDS and a quarter of a million people in Vietnam have AIDS - of that, 50,000 are women between 15 - 49:D

Get my drift:rolleyes:

mainwheel
23rd Sep 2003, 17:34
Blonde?

That means that AIDS has only been in the country for some 18 days.
Also if you stick to the 15-49 female bracket you have 1/5th of the chance.

Ralph the Bong
23rd Sep 2003, 19:42
The differences between western and eastern woman can be easily summerised: Western woman treat men like sh1t and Easten woman treat men like a King. To further describe the diffences: Weatern girls generally : Play hard-to-get, ignore you if they like you, think that if you talk to them you are trying to get in their pants, have an attitude of superiority rather than equality, think that if you are 10 years older than them and you take some personal interest in them that you are an old perve, are excellent at making belittlling, snide and insulting comments to their partners, are insulted when their bad behaviour is challenged by a male or they are contridicted or proven wrong, cannot say sorry esp. when the're wrong, blame males for everything that goes wrong in their lives and finally are usually fat and sexually inhibited. Eastern Woman on the other hand: Are expert at flirting(Gold medel level), will tell you if they like you or find you attractive even if they dont want to sleep with you, are flattered if you talk to them and take a genuine non-sexual interest in them, love it if you do, have no cultural barriers to interpersonal relationships wrt age difference, know how to make a man feel like a man, treat your friends as guests, appriciate being put on a pedestal, have a vocabulary that contains the word 'sorry', must learn sex as required subject from junior high school, are generally slim have beauiful smooth skin. Sorry Sophie western woman just cant compete! Give me "Made in Japan" anytime! :ok:

Soho-Sophie
23rd Sep 2003, 20:29
Well guys, I was trying to be nice, but it is common knowledge why men go down that path.... they know that these women won't laugh when they see how small it is:p

NoseGear
24th Sep 2003, 09:17
Hey SS, for a woman who "wouldn't trade sex for a loving meaningful relationship" you sure seem to have a thing about a man having a large hammer!:E :E

Nosey (aka, The Hammer):ok:

Jim Morehead
24th Sep 2003, 12:29
Hey...Is this an Aviation forum about Vietnam or a call in SEX advice show?

bugs bunny
24th Sep 2003, 16:57
I received an e-mail from an agency that was advertising a cuple of weeks ago on F.I. for A320 F7O in the "Far East".
They outline the contract which happens to be with VA for one year renewable.
Is it going to be one of those agencies that have no contract or is it possibly a true story?
Did anyone else apply and is a little further in the selection process?
feedback appreciated....
Cheers,
Bugs:cool:

malaysian eaglet
24th Sep 2003, 20:54
I think you must have a lot of things to say about this thread in the Cabin Crew forum:
Which Airline has the hottest female Cabin Crew?
Once more the answers are turning around Asia! Unfortunate Sophie....with all those machos!!!

Ralph the Bong
25th Sep 2003, 18:31
Small??? Hey, I'M Ralph THE BONG... :p

A-V-8R
25th Sep 2003, 21:08
Ralph The Bong....

You hit it right on the head.

Also, in this business Pilots (wrongfully or not) are percieved as having deep pockets...At this US Airlines the flight attendents have a "Five Year Plan" to financial security"

Marry a pilot, bear his kids, after five years live off the Alimony, Maintenance and Child Support. (I suppose it beats sharing an apartment with 15 other B Scale flight attendents.)

Here at my domicile in JFK about 22 pilots have remarried in the last few years. Only 3 have married American girls, the rest of the wives came from deep South America, Australia (surpise, as this domicile doesn't go there) Eastern Europe and Asia.

I've had two white American wives, and presently on the third, an Asian, Korean......This marriage has lasted longer than the sum of the other two.

By the way, Korean wife is more than happy to leave the US to live and retire in Asia....We've been looking at Vietnam, Thailand, Taiwan, and of course Korea.

chrislikesblue
25th Sep 2003, 22:41
I also had a relationship with Asian woman(Japan).Of course she was good in sex but that's not the most important thing ,you can also get Western women who are the same good in sex or even better.From my experience the most important in a relationship is respect and it's true that Asian women treat a man with real respect,most of them do what you tell them without questioning,never talk back...I could go on forever,you can't even compare them with Western women.

Jim Morehead
26th Sep 2003, 16:44
Could you POST the 900 number for the call in for PHONE SEX?

Soho-Sophie
26th Sep 2003, 23:42
:yuk: :yuk:

Sorry Ralph. I thought a bong was something used for Marijuana. That's what it is in Soho. Does it mean something else where you come from.:confused:

I just thought you were a cone head.:ooh:

Metro man
27th Sep 2003, 06:14
Heaven = 1.English country home
2.Japanese wife
3.Chinese cook
4.American salary

Hell = 1.Japanese country home
2.English cook
3.American wife
4.Chinese salary

Soho-Sophie
27th Sep 2003, 06:29
Chrislikesblue

..."treat a man with real respect,most of them do what you tell them without questioning, never talk back..."

I know how wonderful that would be because I once had a dog like that but, Wow, do you think I could maybe find a man like that toooooo.

Soooooooooooophie

Ralph the Bong
28th Sep 2003, 09:58
Over to Jet Blast??b

himalaya
28th Sep 2003, 12:50
Are we talking career or sex out here ? :ok: Just a thought !!

chrislikesblue
29th Sep 2003, 01:05
Sofie, I like your humour,even though you could never be my girlfriend I would like you to be my pen friend and write jokes to each other.Do you have any other jokes?

Soho_Sophie
30th Sep 2003, 18:31
A tourist walked into a pet store and was looking at the animals on display. While he was there, a Cargo Load Master from the local air base walked in and said to the shopkeeper "I'll take a 933 monkey, please".

The shopkeeper nodded, went to a cage at the side of the store, and took out a monkey. He put a collar and leash on the animal and handed it to the Chief, saying, "That'll be $2,000." The man paid and left with the monkey.

The surprised tourist went to the shopkeeper and said, "That was a very expensive monkey. Most of them are only a few hundred dollars. Why did that one cost so much?"

The shopkeeper answered, "Ah, that's a 933 monkey. He can build pallets of freight, plan aircraft loads, rig loads for airdrop, drive forklifts, type manifests, heat meals for officers, and perform the duties of any TrafficTech with no back talk or complaints. It's well worth the money"

The tourist then spotted a monkey in another cage. "That one's even more expensive! $10,000! What does it do?" he asked. "Oh, that one" replied the shopkeeper. "That's a "Maintenance Supervisor" monkey. It can instruct at all levels of maintenance, supervise maintenance at the unit, intermediate, and Depot level, and even do most of the paperwork. A very useful monkey indeed"

The tourist looked around a little longer and found a third monkey in a cage. The price tag was $50,000. The shocked tourist exclaimed, "This one costs more than all the others put together! What in the world can it do?"

"Actually," said the shopkeeper, "I've never actually seen him do anything but drink beer and play with his dick, but his papers say he's a Pilot."

:D

yachtpilot
9th Oct 2003, 19:56
Well... none of this has much to do with aviation but it is good fun...
Having been fortunate enough to know some beautiful ladies in many parts of the world ( not speaking just sexually ) I would say that as far as the money side goes the western ladies are just a little more sophisticated in achieving their aims...They will read all the romantic novels ... true love conquers all etc...but when it comes to real life I notice that although they're quite willing to kiss the frog... he 'd better understand that he has to turn into a Prince bloody fast ..! !

swish266
9th Oct 2003, 21:17
EK wins!
1.U mix mostly with expats in Emirates...
2.There r no worse pilots and characters than Vietnamese...
3.Food is great, as long as u don't get food poisoning...
4.'Loss of Face" was d main reason for HVN Tu-134 crash at Phnom Pehn (or whatever name for the capital of Cambodia) in '97...
5.They regularly scrape the tails of their B763s, one was even bent couple of years ago...
6.Cheapest girls in S/E Asia but by far not the best!
Want more, send me a PM.

Ramboflyer 1
11th Oct 2003, 03:43
IF you have a family the middle east wins they cater well for children and it is very safe .
Gulf Air and Gulf Traveller are expanding supposedly to double the fleet in 3 years , Route structure is better than you might think and a pay rise is on the way , if its chicks you want get Gulf Air to Manilla on your days off....

proflyer9
13th Oct 2003, 23:25
hehe!!! Good one sophie!!!:ok:

Ok, someone plz help me out here.....whats the situation like for a low time pilot to find work in east asia?? Got only 225 hrs with ME and IF.

Ok...guys stop laughing....seriously any chance at all??? Hey we all got to start somewhere!!! lol!

Cheers:}

thegypsy
14th Oct 2003, 03:16
swish266 The original questionwas Vietnam or Gulf Air Traveller in Abu Dhabi NOT EK which is a wholly different matter!!

swish266
17th Oct 2003, 15:22
Sorry Man! Every time I hear Vietnam I go for d pickle switch...
Anyway I still stand by my previous input.
Vietnam and HVN cannot b compared to anything in d Gulf/ME.

Maybe DHL in Bahrain is an exclusion to d rule as dey used to make guys fly Metros w/o a crapper...

Soho_Sophie
27th Oct 2003, 21:12
Swish266 - doesn't matter where some guys go to fly.

Was talking to a lovely old gent on a flight the other day. Seems his daughter was happily married to a pilot for 10 years with 2 lovely children. He went to the UAE to fly and has dumped her for a lady :ugh: up there. I hesitate to call her that := can't be if she goes out with married men.

So it's not about the quality of the aircraft/maintenance, pay and conditions in determining which location - just will there be enough chicks

Just seems some men use "it" to think with, and most think that monogamy is something you use to make dining room tables out of;)

Sheep Guts
27th Oct 2003, 21:39
Regarding Veitnam, does anyone have any info regarding contacts for a flying Job there?
Also what the company conditions are like for expats, and their recruiting requirements?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Sheep

swish266
29th Oct 2003, 00:49
Sheep Guts,
I've writ so much bout HVN... Just look up my input on dif threads...