PDA

View Full Version : British European Low Cost

dik dastardly
23rd Jan 2002, 05:56
Well fair play to BE. they are actually cheaper than easyjet at the moment. Nice one. I presume its not a permenant measure?

Planter
23rd Jan 2002, 13:12
It was on BBC 1 Gate 24 on a Sunday recently where even BA were cheaper than easyJet on certain routes and times. eJ are just taking the p*** really.

DVR6K
23rd Jan 2002, 13:46
Well, my girlfriend has just visited me from Luton to Madrid for 65 smackers with easyJet.

I´m off to Heathrow for 50 with Iberia in a few weeks...

the_tyke
23rd Jan 2002, 16:55
I don't know why British European don't use their Dash 8 -400's for low cost operations. I was on one the other day and the crew were telling me that they were achieving TAS's of about 370/380 kts.- not bad for a turbo-prop with 80 seats. Also so far, they don't seem to be having as many tech. problems as SAS did with theirs.

Exclusive Mandate
23rd Jan 2002, 17:02
It can't last, if you look at the successful operators, you'll see they have one thing in common - the equipment.

You ain't gonna make big bucks with that type of equipment - unless of course BE have bigger plans?

flypastpastfast
23rd Jan 2002, 17:30
Never mind easyjet, this weekend past, Aerlingus were undercutting ryan on edinburgh to dublin, by about 30 quid return.(out fri return sunday). Ryanair was over 100 quid!!!! (and I don't work for either)

It may be alright getting naff service when the flight costs 2p, but over 100 quid is seriously taking the michael, as it were. Do people really pay prices like that on budget airlines?? Doh!

. .Good news about Brit European though, always liked them. A bit different.

[ 23 January 2002: Message edited by: flypastpastfast ]</p>

euroboy
23rd Jan 2002, 18:01
DVR6K. .I saw same deal as you for the LHR-MAD. Check terminal and flight number, because it may be a code share with BA. (T1 BA, T2 IB)

Whilst on the subject of code shares, whilst working in a travel agents, when checking fares, it was worth noting that on code share flights the airlines offer different fares on the same flight. eg bmi and Lufthansa code share on German routes, but we would check both carriers and the airlines offer the same flight but with different fares.