PDA

View Full Version : Ansett Engine Shop

cognac
16th Sep 2003, 15:24
It seems that QA's "joint venture" to purchase the engine shop is progressing well.
An enterprise agreement has been negotiated with the AWU & AMWU, no mention of the ALAEA, whom still are the only union that can "cover" the LAMEs.

30/30 Green Light
1st Oct 2003, 09:25
It will be interesting to see if the 2 M's accept the QF/Patrick proposal.No requirement for a deal with the ALAEA as the Engines are components and workshop release requires no certification by a Licensed Engineer,only a person approved by the CAR 30 Holder.Also interesting that Patrick is a 50% stake-holder in QF's domestic competitor,Virgin Blue.

fruitloop
3rd Oct 2003, 15:55
Hiya Cognac,
Check ya pms.

MASI
7th Oct 2003, 15:38
The infamous "garden drive centre of excellence" facility.

Should work out good for the airline.
considering the pay will be less......and the facility will probably harbour a fully expendable contracted work force.

the past economic restraints put on the aviation industry mean actions need to be taken to ensure the futer of a white rat on A/C tails...

no doubt my view will attract its critics.

fruitloop
7th Oct 2003, 17:16
Masi.
Unless you are trying to be cynical,I could "almost" take offence,For the guys who hope for future employment there be alert (what ever they look like).
I've gotta admit that in the economic climate you are probally correct as to your assumtions (pardon grammer) as to "expendable contract " labour being used........!!

MASI
8th Oct 2003, 15:05
in no way am i trying to annoy anyone..
But... the way i see it QANTAS employes around 33000 ppl world wide.

to keep the majority of those pple employed ( even if that means converting current jobs to part time...contracted etc) is what i believe to be the important factor.

and from what i understand they will be gettingpaid less out at garden drive....

dont virgin maintenance staff get paid 25% than us allready?