PDA

View Full Version : Camp Toss

desert_ranger
16th Sep 2003, 02:43
The question concerns Camp Toss or as we now know it Camp Still.

Firstly what the hell are they doing out there?

And secondly how much is it costing? and is there a more cost effective way of doing it?

desert_ranger
18th Sep 2003, 05:00
:( its a cryin shame to be there when its so more cost effective to be down town, 50 People could be home with their families and the rest operating more safely from a hotel, with water, power, a/c, comms home and transport.:\ . and now it s rumoured that some transiting aircraft and crews are down town anyway!!!!!

MikeTells
19th Sep 2003, 04:05
Would the inhabitants of Camp Toss be known as Tossers, or is there a less amusing collective noun?

The Nr Fairy
19th Sep 2003, 04:07
I stand englightened. I thought Camp Toss was a particularly vulgar drinking game . . .

Sparky
19th Sep 2003, 19:41
Fairy,

Camp Toss is a forgotten part of the gulf where a lot of poor individuals carry out non-tasking with the sole purpose of getting some Air ranks elevated to the rank of God.

As for a collective noun I suggest "Poor Bast***s.

It still amazes me how so much public money can be wasted here achieving nothing. Still as a tax payer I dont mind cos I'm proud to serve and I will be getting a super pension.....?:*

desert_ranger
20th Sep 2003, 04:30
Sounds like you are getting it easy, how could you cope in a 5 star hotel on rates, it would just not justify the extensive welfare package that is in place.

Stop moaning and enjoy the 6 star portacabin or are you in 2 group and wing so much that you have to rough it in a hotel.

Yes what are you doing ther any way ??

callsighnbear
21st Sep 2003, 15:33
Well it's good to see that we can live in a gravel pit defending the free world so our red brothers can be exposed to the danger ' of the mini bar and ensuite.

I thought the concept of force protection was to be low profile hence the limited number of people that can leave this place, which is a sound idea. However if you put on a red suit you are immune to all of this as you swill a well deserved pint in the bar, wearing said suite.

Oh well as normal one rule to save money and one for politics. If this is a plan to supper moral then well done cause you have.

Proud to serve.

:mad: