PDA

View Full Version : Shuttleworth Moth at Twilight

Man-on-the-fence
16th Sep 2003, 02:05
I couldnt help this one. Whilst sitting on the patio by the River this evening, I heard the gentle putter of a DH Gipsy engine. I ran inside to pickup Betsy (oh god my camera has a name!!) and these she was G-ABAG floating gently over the fields over the river.

What a wonderful sight, but I cant help thinking what was she doing so far from home at this time of night (the time was 18.35 local at I am by the Thames at Sutton Courtenay just south of Abingdon). Not that I am complaining of course, she did make a lovely change from Pumas and Merlins :ok:

http://mysite.freeserve.com/Mil_Photos/Moth7481.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality. It caught me on the hop so I didnt get set up properly.

treadigraph
16th Sep 2003, 05:10
Lovely pic; and a lovely evening for a putter... I was out on me bike (not quite the same thing, I know!) about the same time, just as the sun was setting across the common, lovely golden light, just as sunset should be (and some prat ignoring it completely while playing with his mobile phone... :rolleyes: )

DamienB
16th Sep 2003, 06:12
Your camera's called Betsy?

Mine's called Uselessbloodything on occasion, but I never thought of that as a permanent appelation. There's something deeply wrong with you MOTF!

Man-on-the-fence
16th Sep 2003, 06:30
There's something deeply wrong with you MOTF

Agreed. Its the same reason I am getting up at Ohgodthirty to go to Yeovilton at the weekend. :ok:

And no I have no idea why its called Betsy either. It just is.

treadigraph
16th Sep 2003, 15:18
You are probably thinking of Wotsername in the film of the same name... ;)

Moondance
20th Sep 2003, 21:43
Always thought that AG was on loan to Shuttleworth, and that it had now left OW (can't recall seeing it there recently, nor is it listed on their website). However....G-INFO still lists Shuttleworth as the owner. Confusing???

Airbedane
21st Sep 2003, 15:53
'BAG - Moth', as she's affectionately called, was a Collection owned aircraft, but she was sold. However, she's kept, for the majority of the time, as a private owner's aircraft at Old Warden, and as such, is used by the Collection in the displays.

A.