PDA

View Full Version : Cougar Helicopters (Canada)

Grassroots
15th Sep 2003, 21:13
Wuz wondering if anyone has any info on this company?

My understanding is Puma's And 61's offshore.

I hear the pay is low?

Time Out
15th Sep 2003, 21:36
Presume you've looked at the Cougar website at http://www.cougar.ca/news.html

HeloTeacher
15th Sep 2003, 22:05
S76's in Halifax, NS
S61's and Puma's in St. John's, NF

Low pay is relative. The cost of living in St. John's isn't bad. I too wish it was a little better, then I'd be there.

Joker's Wild
15th Sep 2003, 22:29
Buddy of mine I used to work with (ex-mil). left to go to Cougar. Said it was REAL cliquey (right spelling???) amongst the aircrew.

My two cents.

Grassroots
15th Sep 2003, 22:40
Thanks so far.

Anyone who may have been employed by them?

What is the top Capt grossing, and what kinda timeframe are we talking before moving from left to right. Before I am asked, yep, lots of IFR time, some heavy.

I see that they also have de-iced birds and have extremely low landing limits. So I am sirmizing that the pay is reflecting this.

Mikila1A
15th Sep 2003, 22:48
Know a few of the FO's there, they all seem happy with there pay, top FO 65K Canadian although they are running around 800hours per year. And from what they say they fly in some pretty mean stuff. (wx)

Capt's are topping out at 75K Canadian for about 650 to 700 hours per year.

As said, FO's seem content but the 4 stripers are getting a little restless.............although they are not having much turn over,

I have been trying to get on for some time and the slots always get sucked up pretty quickly.

paco
16th Sep 2003, 00:31
Cougar have the lowest offshore wx limits in the world and are highly professional - I found the pay to be excellent, but then I was the VFR guy - I presumed the IFR side was in similar proportion. Cost of living in Newfoundlan is high, though you do a lot of flying - by contrast, quite slow in Halifax.

I know they were advertising recently

Phil

Grassroots
17th Sep 2003, 19:12
Many thanks,

Anyone else with anything to add,

How is their management to work for?

Cheers

grass