PDA

View Full Version : Navtech

bladums
13th Sep 2003, 18:13
JB

Whats the deal with Navtech?

It seems they advertise for Ops staff every few months! wasnt so long ago they wanted Ops and Crewing bods.

Is Navtech expanding or is there a high turnover of staff ???

Would be interested in your thougts.

Rgds

B

Bobby Z
15th Sep 2003, 02:46
I think its the third or forth ad this year.
Thing that pis*ed me off when I applied that I never even got an acknowledgement.
Probably not qualified enough, I only use their systems on a daily basis and have 6 years in ops.
Confused.

Bob

-----------------------------------------------------------
Please bring my Kuipers back !!

bladums
16th Sep 2003, 20:19
Yeah know what you mean!

Have they ever thought that they might be employing the wrong sort of staff??? Thats why you have to advertise every couple of months. Probably hire people with ATPL's then they go fly!

I also like the way JB has ignored this post...........Chicken???:suspect:

Bobby Z
16th Sep 2003, 20:41
No, most of the guys I talk to don't apear to be ATPL'ers in fact I talk to the same guys all the time !
They are making a rod for their own back tho by NOT responding to applications, and as a result I know of 3 people (myself included) who applied and got no response who certainly wont apply again.
So if I know 2 and you are in the same bladums, there must be a whole load of others out there who didn't get the courtesy of a rejection letter.
Navtech you are doing yourself no favours, because these guys may be ops managers one day, and possibly deciding over whether to buy your products or not !!
Think about it !

Bob

Ikkle!
21st Mar 2004, 15:28
I see they are recruiting for Ops Controllers again?????

acukwik
22nd Mar 2004, 23:35
Hey Baldy,

What you doing here in this thread - you dont know what CFMU means !!!

Rgds
AC

Uncle Cracker
24th Mar 2004, 17:12
Evening chaps,
I agree, non acknowledgement of a job application is not good practice, (or manners,) but IMHO to preclude another application on those grounds in this instance may be cutting your nose to spite your face.
The core staff have been with the company since the days of Skyplan and I can confirm they are top chaps. Staff turnover may appear fairly high but I would imagine some of the ads you have seen for staff are due partly due to seasonal (temporary) posts which come up - JB?
Anyway, for what it's worth, after 16 years of doing this stuff at various places, I for one hold the Manor Royal boys (and girls) in high regard.
:cool:

JB007
26th Mar 2004, 08:38
I also like the way JB has ignored this post...........Chicken???

Not alot I can say really, except one of the jobs going is mine!!!!

Very kind words Uncle....i'll miss (most of) them too.....

after 16 years of doing this stuff at various places
Thats putting it lightly isn't it ?????? The Bald Eagle thinks you ought to go back to Gamston....

When you buying me a Curry and lots of Cobra, celebrations started about 12 hours ago......??????

srs what?
26th Mar 2004, 12:59
Blimey, you've updated your profile already. :p

I think its fair to say that 85% of people who have left Navtech in recent months have all done so due to fantastic offers that couldn't be refused.

Personally I will always be thankful to Navtech for acting as a training ground for progressing my career and providing me with such a vast knowledge of airline ops/crewing.

I certainly miss (most) of the team there but still keep in touch with them. :D

Mr Angry from Purley
26th Mar 2004, 18:58
Uncle Cracker

Tea 2 sugars, nah maybe not your tea making is sh%t.

Anyway do we want a "Nigel" running this forum now...

Nice one JB. When can we come to BLK and cause some hahoc!

:\

Honiley
27th Mar 2004, 20:31
Congratulations "Captain 007"!!!!

You are just gonna love it.....look forward to hearing all about it...

See you soon,
Pete

JB007
28th Mar 2004, 10:42
Hey - I am borrowing JB's log in.

Think 'Captain' is getting a little carried away but huge congratulations to him regardless....

Uncle - Glad you remembered the girls! When you coming down here to celebrate JB defecting to the dark side???

J
xx

srs what?
28th Mar 2004, 11:05
OMG women in aviation!! - best not go down that road again. :p

Uncle Cracker
29th Mar 2004, 06:45
JB007 "imposter"!!!

On leave next month so will be in touch....
;) xx