PDA

View Full Version : American ATP flying schools

sedgie
13th Sep 2003, 06:36
G'day all,

I would like to get my ATP in the states and hope to get an idea of which flying schools might be the go. I know about Virgin etc but that is not an issue for me.

Thank's in advance
Sedgie

FO Cokebottle
13th Sep 2003, 06:59
Sedgie ,

Thats a bit of a general question.

Do you already have your writtens completed??

Do you already have 1500hrs TT??

Do you just want to do your writtens and ride in the States???

Whats your experience level now??

Look at the FARs before you cross the Pacific - you just, I mean you just might save your money!!!

sedgie
13th Sep 2003, 08:20
Hello FO cokebottle

I have my ATPL and fly multi crew turbine. I would like to know of what flying schools people have used and what to expect. I have looked at a few websites and the FARs

Thanks
Sedgie

Sheep Guts
13th Sep 2003, 08:44
Try this

www.allatps.com

They have establishments allover the USA. They should give you info in Visas and Security Checks that are now required.

Good Luck
Sheep

druglord
13th Sep 2003, 11:27
yeah ya may wanna do it sooner rather than later. They're turnin' into Nazis about visas and immigration over here, and some morons are trying to get the government to curtail all immigration. Try getting the red books for the theory...just study the rules and regs...you can pretty much work out the rest or ASA sells theory books too.

FO Cokebottle
17th Sep 2003, 03:55
Sedgie,

All you are required to do, in sequence, is:

1. the written (be aware - if you fail this you can not sit it again for another month. Don't blow it off or you'll be hang'in the States for a month longer than you expected. You can not do the flight test until you have passed the written.)
2. a couple of famil rides (get you used to their procedures and radio jargon)
3. oral (verbal engineering test - relax its not that difficult if you're doing this in a light piston twin)
4. the ride (flight test)
5. get pissed to celibrate - and see for yourself how fat and ugly american women are.

Good luck my man..:ok: