PDA

View Full Version : Grumman AA5a - help please!

tunneler
23rd Nov 2000, 17:34
Im about to sit my GFT for my PPL, in the lovely Grumman AA5a, but my flying club wont let me take the operators manual thing home with me "We've learnt from bitter experince it has to stay here"

As my club is a good 45 minutes drive away, and closes at 5pm, I dont have a whole lot of time to go down there and study for the oral part.

Do any of you guys and gals know of a site on the net that has all the info on it or am I gonna have to dog uni again?

Cheers
B

Sink Rate
27th Nov 2000, 21:33
Dog Uni - you know it makes sense!

Besides - they don't tend to ask too much in the oral part.

Favourite's are:

1.What instruments and elec driven and what are vacuum driven?

2.What instrumens use Pitot and static sources?

3.How many fuel tank drain points are there?

4. Speeds: Rotate, Best Climb Rate, Best angle, Approach, Stall clean and dirty,

5.Max TOW

6.Fuel tank capacity - of which useable?

7. Type of engine?

8. Max speed with canapy slightly open?

Shouldn't take too long to look them up and commit to memory - besides the initial instrument questions are the same for most light aircraft - so a quick look in Trevor Thom or such should sort those out.

Best of luck!

NIMBUS
28th Nov 2000, 00:14
Photocopier.....

Genghis the Engineer
28th Nov 2000, 01:24
Photocopier mandatory, the club has a serious safety attitude problem if it hasn't made arrangements (such as some spare copies) for people to go away and digest POH for hire and training aircraft.

Incidentally, I bought a C152 POH alternative from AFE a while ago, for some daft liability reason they removed all reference to emergencies from it. Now, lets see, after pre-start checks, what's the first thing you need to know about a new type...

G