PDA

View Full Version : Re-enlistment whos done it and what problems?

dopeonarope
12th Sep 2003, 23:10
I am looking at returning to the fold and looking for help and advice from anyone who has done it recently (and still serving)

Left after 15 years service, 10 years Airman Aircrew, A1 G1 Z1, SAR rear crew, now living overses.

Advice on selection re-procedure, medicals, etc.

bigley
13th Sep 2003, 00:53
I would suggest the best place to start would be to give PMA 33c at Innnsworth a buzz, assuming you want to come back as NCA. He would probably be very keen on re recruiting you, especially if you are an instructor. Anyway, thought life was ace for you on the outside!!!! If you want anymore info PM me.

The Gorilla
13th Sep 2003, 02:51
You must be mad!

I know from speaking with our previous postings man at PMC, just how much contempt PMA hold would be re-enlistee's in!! And he WAS a loadie!!!!!!!!! Did you exit as a result of a PVR or end of engagement? I imagine that would make a big difference to your chances.

That said, the AP 3392 (On the intranet if you have a mate still in)
lists all the relevant rules etc etc.

I had a friend (NCA Air Eng) who left and then re-enlisted as a supply officer a couple of years later. Kept his brevet and that really wound some of the groundies up!! Doing very well as Supply Officer now.

Best of luck.

:ok:

dopeonarope
16th Sep 2003, 20:40
hmmmmmmm...... I guess there isn't anyone out there who has done what I am looking at....... is that telling me something:rolleyes:

Thank you for your replies:D

Gainesy
16th Sep 2003, 21:53
I vaguely remember someone who re-enlisted ;IIRC you can keep your previous rank if you sign back on within a year.

TURNBULL
17th Sep 2003, 02:48
Remember an old nav who rejoined the SH Force about 10 years ago after leaving in his 40's. He had numerous problems with repaying his gratuity at an unfavourable rate, etc, but won in the end because he left in the big voluntary redundancy of the mid-90's.

Jump in you might gain when the big defence cuts come around again and they look for more volunteers!!!!;)