View Full Version : What's cooking at Ryanair?

Smell the Coffee
12th Sep 2003, 19:51
Hello there

Was told about a month ago that RYR had temporarily frozen CC recruitment due to them having a backlog of applications...any news on when/if they will start re-hiring? I've already sent off my application to CAE, the training org they've contracted to train all CC. All I got was an automated response saying thanks, we'll contact you when there's an opening.

Anyone have the inside info?

cheers

jettesen
12th Sep 2003, 21:44
just a query for you? Why, out of interest have you chosen to apply for ryanair? They don't pay you for training 5 weeks, or accomodation whilsat in training. where other airlines do? From what i hear on this site, you also have to pay to apply to ryanair? Why?????

Smell the Coffee
12th Sep 2003, 22:07
Hi Jetteson

Yes, you must pay for your own training (about £1700) plus 4/5 weeks accommodation in Holland, where training takes place.

I suppose they do this because they can, and perhaps also as a way of somehow trying to stop 1000s of people from applying.

The salary quoted to me was around £1400/month, which doesn't seem too bad, and would cover the costs of the above within a relatively short space of time.

I realise this won't be popular with everyone, but I've decided to accept the conditions as they stand, until I get a better offer (i.e. a job offer) from someone else.

Understand it is very hard work, but I have applied to others (notably BMI).

regards

p.s. another reason I've applied is because not many others are recruiting or accepting applications at this time, and because a job at Ryanair is better than no job at all, and having to report to the Job Centre every 2 weeks! :bored:

monarchgirl
13th Sep 2003, 00:15
Hey there,

Thought you should know there are some other airlines recruiting now, BA are recruiting

www.britishairwaysjobs.com

and EAAC JAL and Virgin Atlantic, why not give them a go as well?

eire_boy
13th Sep 2003, 00:26
I really cant understand how anyone could consider paying €2500 to Ryanair for CC training (no disrespect to existing or future crew), when you have quality airlines like Virgin actively recruiting?

Before you spend your money you should suss out Virgin, BA, Air New Zealand who are all recruiting CC for London.

For what its worth here is the info from CAE on the Ryanair CC training course

Entry level
At least 18 years of age
Between 1,57m and 1,85m in height with weight in proportion
The right to work and live in the EU
Education: successfully completed Higher General Secondary Education or a similar level of education (Netherlands: HAVO, Germany: F.O.S., France: Etude Secondaire)
Proficient in English, both written and spoken
Able to swim
Physically fit and able to pass a medical assessment
Normal vision (contact lenses acceptable)
Good work mentality
Willing to move to other bases within Europe
Be prepared to live within one hour’s travelling time of the airport
Be prepared to work unsociable hours
Friendly and outgoing with a lively personality
Ready to meet the challenge of dealing with people and demanding situations
Able to work in a customer services environment and comfortable in a selling role

Screening
Before you will be admitted to the course, an assessment will be organised during which you will be screened.
The screening procedure will take 1 day and includes a presentation by Ryanair/CAE and an interview with a Ryanair HR representative.

Training
After a successful assessment and a medical check you will be offered a Training Contract with CAE Center Amsterdam and a Labour Contract with Ryanair.
The training will take place in our Amsterdam Training Center and takes approximately 4 weeks.

Costs
Medical check: € 65,--
Cost of training: € 2.499,--
Fees are including taxes.

The job
You will be offered a permanent position
You will be based where most convenient to Ryanair; your preference will be taken into consideration
Salary will be approximately € 1.500,-- per month net
Generous travel concessions to destinations all over Europe

Accommodation and travelling
Accommodation and travelling during the Screening and the Training will be at your own expense and responsibility. CAE will try to support you in finding affordable accommodation.

Training start dates
Courses start throughout the year for successful candidates.

Smell the Coffee
13th Sep 2003, 03:21
Thanks for your information.

Unfortunately, I don't have 2 year's continuous airline experience, thus I cannot apply to BA.

I don't much fancy doing solely LHR-LAX for the next 6 months, thus will not apply to ANZ.

But will look at the other options.

rgds

jettesen
13th Sep 2003, 04:16
easyjet have around 4 training courses a month, and are looking for over 1000 crew for the new airbus. good pay there. thomas cook too, bmi baby, flyjet, loads recruiting

monarchgirl
13th Sep 2003, 06:14
About Air New zealand don't fancy only heathrow to La flights? Not even for £24K + Allowances??!!

FLYIIE
13th Sep 2003, 07:31
MONARCHGIRL, MY FRIEND WORKS FOR AIR NEWZEALAND AND THE BASIC PAY IS NOWHERE NEAR 24k + ALLOWANCES, IT IS GOOD, BUT NOT THAT GOOD. BY THE WAY SHE LOVES IT THERE AND SAYS ITS A FAB COMPANY TO WORK FOR AND SHE NEVER GETS BORED OF LA.

Brandy
14th Sep 2003, 19:29
Are ANZ recruiting then as i am on thier file and have heard nothing?????? :confused:

eire_boy
14th Sep 2003, 20:17
Air New Zealand are recruiting for their LHR base for CC to operate on the LHR - LAX route exclusively... pretty good if you like LA!

More info at Air New Zealand (http://www.airnz.co.uk/aboutus/careers/flight_attendants.htm)

ezygalleyboy
15th Sep 2003, 19:17
Smell the coffee - please have a look at www.easyJet.com/en/jobs before you pay any money to Ryanair. All our training is FREE, you get put up in a hotel paid for by easyJet, and the crew are absolutley fab. We are recruiting 1000 crew this year, so you have a good chance of getting in. If you fancy a chat about working for easyJet, send me a message.

ezygalleyboy x

FLYMATE
15th Sep 2003, 19:37
Why not apply too to Now Airlines, based at Luton...
http://www.now-airlines.com

Smell the Coffee
15th Sep 2003, 20:22
Thanks for all the information everyone - really appreciate it.

Will also bear in mind next time that using the 'R' word is effective in provoking informative responses. :ok:

p.s. I should have made this clear from the start: I have no previous experience in this job, which is why I don't qualify for some airlines, such as BA and ANZ. With regards to ANZ, I'm in a state of confusion as to what they pay, but flying LON-LAX and nothing else? No offence, but I'd rather fly within Europe...and I happen to be of the opinion that LAX is not an ideal destination...much prefer its neighbours, SAN or SFO :cool:

ok, cheers!

jettesen
18th Sep 2003, 05:13
Pay at easyJet £17K for junior cabin crew and £20K for seniors. pretty good i think

Smell the Coffee
18th Sep 2003, 06:15
Hi jettesen

That looks much better than what I was expecting - i.e. £10-11k

Of course, your figures must be gross & including all allowances.

For someone with no experience and eager to work for an airline, the wages seem pretty good. I realise BA etc. might pay better, but they only like taking on experienced folk, so that'll have to wait!

rgds