PDA

View Full Version : GAM @ Brisbane

jerrry
12th Sep 2003, 09:31
Hi all,

Anyone know what GAM's are looking for to fly the shrikes at Brisbane? What runs do they do? I believe one spends the day in Charleville.

What sort of hours do they look for?

Thanks in advance.

J

compressor stall
12th Sep 2003, 21:32
At last report, 3 shrikes based there.

They do a variety of bank runs, usually departing early 0600ish, and returning late - 1800ish.

They work about 4 days a week.

Nice aircraft to fly, and your pax don't smell, complain or throw up :)

As a rule for a job - if you don't know anyone, don't bother applying.

:ugh:

Good luck

CS

Jamair
13th Sep 2003, 09:43
They do a daily run west BN-TWB-DAY-ROM-CV; they also do nth-west ending at gayndah and (I think) a north through MYB, HBA, ending at ?Gladstone.

Last time I asked, it was 1500TT, 500ME, 3 renewals. That was a while ago though.

The CP at GAM (Stewart Aviation) BN Mr Charles Mogg [email protected] can give you the good oil.

The Shrikes are (relatively) well kept and the runs are pretty straightforward, with plenty of opportunity for Night and IMC.

jerrry
13th Sep 2003, 10:34
Thank you Jamair, great info.
All the best mate

J

Thanks also Compressor :)

megle2
14th Sep 2003, 17:56
J-air - winter is over so little prospect for night hours.

"if" well hardly had a cloud for months so where does the IF come from? plus it is Company policy to downgrade to vfr at first opportunity.

A tidy outfit just the same.

compressor stall
14th Sep 2003, 23:07
Jamair is on the money.

These requirements are however not fast. But again only if you are in the know.

Moggy is the CP, but the ultimate say for hiring is through Garry Trench at Essendon.

Cairns base has its own Manager who does the hiring, but again the final say is thru Essendon.

As for night well summer for the bankrunners sees little night, but there are other company freight runs (EN-AD and MK-CS) done in the wee hours.

For IF, it is the company policy to change category :8 to VFR when operationaly appropriate. Apparently the ops manual stated that to and from CTA will be done IFR regardless. This is not going to affect your IF time as there won't be any clouds around anyway! If you are with another company out of BN, I don't think you'll see any more IF unless you have a case of last night's vindaloo smog in the cockpit. :\\:

CS

Jamair
15th Sep 2003, 07:32
Jeez...! OK RELATIVELY frequent IMC/Night work for the western run.....I fly the same route at least once a week and the boys are often out and about after dark, particularly on Fridays when they leave CV later. Despite the persistant drought, there is frequent heavy cloud in southern Qld, just no blasted RAIN in it. This is particularly true when heading East into Bn, often get into the afternoon buildups around TWB.

Hiya Stallie, gettin warm enough for you yet?

OpsNormal
15th Sep 2003, 08:18
Stallie, did someone give you a verbal message eminating from WBR the other day? ;) :) :ok:

Heard him coming in, so decided to hang around just in case.... alas, twasn't who I thought it might be.... :(

compressor stall
15th Sep 2003, 10:38
Hey Jamair, Warming up nicely - a perfect day today! I thoroughly enjoyed my first winter since late last decade :)

And Ops - nah wan't me. Haven't been out there since May! The other boys have quite frequently though. :\ Do you get out to that part of the world much?

EDIT! - worked out who it was and have not spoken to him for a couple of weeks! Been on opposite ends of the same roster!

OpsNormal
15th Sep 2003, 11:34
Out there? Not often. Nah, I asked the nice fella to say "gidday" to yer for me, datsawl.

Cheers mate!:ok: