PDA

View Full Version : RAF Abingdon & "Abingdon Fayre"

Neil Porter
11th Sep 2003, 22:56
Thought i would start a new fresh post on ex RAF Abingdon (now Abingdon airfield )..

As in my last topic " Abingdons alive still " elsewhere on this forum, you would have read i (along with 4 others) organise a Charity event called "Abingdon Fayre " - its a mini Airshow / Country Fayre style event held in early May & to help promote the event and to show a montage of memories so to speak etc, we have compiled 3 Publicity boards, 1 about the Abingdon Fayre events & the 2 others containing RAF Abingdon material, be it from a big B/W aerial photo of the station to a 1941 aerial piccy, blurb on past units its present use (Helis use it & 612VGS) etc etc.

I would be ever so grateful if anyone who was stationed at RAF Abingdon who has any material ie: photos from past years when operational when its role was a Bomber ie: Whitleys of 10 OTU, then Transport ie: Beverely & Andover & finally was one of two Engineering depots for Jaguars, Buccaneers, VC10 's, Hunters & later Hawks.Other units such as RSS & AS&TF , BDRF,etc - all welcome to send photos & the like in to me for our Publicity boards..
Its worth pointing out during the year we go around to shows & fetes to promote the event so many "eyes" will be looking at the boards and is proving to be a success.

I will stress that we will make sure whoever sends through articles / piccies etc will have their copyright on it.

Please e-mail me: [email protected]

further details can be obtained from our website:
www.abingdonfayre.latest-info.com

My home address etc will be given on request
Many thanks
Neil