PDA

View Full Version : Erj145

Dash8100
11th Sep 2003, 18:27
I'm going to fly on this plane with Swiss. Can anybody share their experiences as passengers on this airplane, please? How does it handle turbulence etc.

fatboy slim
11th Sep 2003, 21:15
I'm an EMB driver. Best advice would be to take minimal hand luggage, as there is little room it overhead bins.

It flies great, and is quick to climb above weather etc.

As it is quite a light aircraft the bumps you feel may be different to a larger a/c but certainly no worse.

Enjoy your trip.

Avman
11th Sep 2003, 23:11
I like the 1+2 seating on the 145. Much better than the 2+2 on the Canadair CRJ. So, if you're on your own go for one of the single seats on the left. If you don't like looking down a narrow(ish) tube don't sit at the back. In turbulence I find it no worse than any other a/c of that category. Landings can feel "firm" which is more to do with the type of u/c than the PF! You'll enjoy it.

AIRWAY
11th Sep 2003, 23:59
Hi,

Have flown several times on the ERJ145 on my way to Portugal from Manchester, flown on the jumpseat ( nice view, but not confortable :} ) and i have to agree with both replies, it is indeed a very quick aircraft.

I never caught turbulence while flying on the ERJ145, but a friend of mine who is a captain on the ERJ145 for a Portuguese Airline, has encountered turbulence several times and had to fly the machine without auto pilot, i'll try and get more info on this has i am not aware of the full facts.

Anyway im sure you will enjoy it.

regards

Momo
12th Sep 2003, 02:17
No food or drinks served (even at cost) in economy in Swiss on ERJ145. From Oct. 1, ERJ145 and Saab 2000 flights all move to 100% economy on all Swiss routes. Odd, as this affects Geneva proportionally more than anywhere else, other than Basel, and Geneva is the place in the world with the highest proportion of Business class fare payers. Good for the other airlines on routes with competition I suppose.

Momo