PDA

View Full Version : Sandhurst Anyone?

SunderlandMatt
11th Sep 2003, 16:30
Every few months there seems to be a rush of posts asking for advice on how to get though IOT and then the various stages of RAF pilot training. Spare a thought for those who are gearing up to or a half way though Sandhurst.

The interesting thing about going to RMAS is that you can go with a sponsor, so for example you can be sponsored by the AAC, then in week 30 (of 44) you have your boarding interviews with the 2 or 3 different regiments you are interested in joining. There is always the chance that these will reject you and you’ll be left branch hunting.

IOT students have it easy because they know what branch they are, Army students don’t until three quarters of the way though the commissioning course! I suppose it keeps them on their toes.

Any advice for Sandhurst then? :ok:

FFP
11th Sep 2003, 16:46
Work harder at school. Do better at OASC. No need to run the risk of not getting in the AAC ! ;)

Seriously though, if all you want to do is fly, you are taking a big risk in joining the Army for the reasons you stated. I'm sure the army can see through the ' Didn't get into the RAF but you've got things that'll fly so here I am ! ' candidate.

If that's what you want to do, good on you and all the best. I wouldn't fancy Sandhurst (old man did the equivalent of the Regiment at RAFC !!!) :uhoh:

Titan Locked
12th Sep 2003, 01:28
You could always ask the question via the relevant forum on www.arrse.co.uk, the Army equivalent of this particular sub-forum. However, expect to get some fairly blunt and to the point answers from the mainstream types (ie non Air Corps)!!!!

TL

DummyRun
12th Sep 2003, 10:05
NO, NO,

Chaps you've missed the point, under President Bliar's current Regime your'e far better off joining the RAF to march, the Army to fly, the Navy to er, er and the kipper fleet to breed!!

About time we binned all this inter-sevice rivally anyway, it worked for the Canadian Armed Forces didnit???

reynoldsno1
12th Sep 2003, 11:28
.... and do remember, as one Sandhurst cadet pointed out to a Sleaford Tech boy, one always washes ones hands after urinating ...

but then, again, as ST boy pointed out, one was always taught not to piss all over one's hands....

L J R
13th Sep 2003, 03:09

Who cares???