PDA

View Full Version : Funding agreements

Aerofoil
11th Sep 2003, 01:30
Hi

I was reading a post about the oxford aviations APP course and one the people who replied to the post said that there are much better deals out there.

I was wondering if there are other training organisations out there that have agreements with the banks in order to get you a loan to cover 90% of your training costs?
If there are im presuming that they can only be cheaper than the total cost of oxfords loan!

Thanks in advance

Dave

flystudent
11th Sep 2003, 02:03
Just to clarify, OATS dont have an agreement with the bank, its 2 very seperate transactions. It is a normal HSBC career development loan and the kidlington branch have seen many of them.

I know others who have used other banks and also done part remortgages on their houses to get better rates, HSBC currently Base+2. with mortgage if option would be perhaps base +1 or less.

Regards

YYZ
11th Sep 2003, 20:24
Every situation is different with the old loans, have you any CCJ's, are you a home owner, do you have any other means of income, the list goes on!:(

I am just checking out the best route to raise some funds myself & the cheapest option is to borrow on the equity from my house.
I think doing this i can raise around £25000 @ 3-4%ish which is better than alot of loan rates out there. That should be all i need as i have some savings.

Look at your own situation and work out what is best for you, as said before i do not think OAT have there own loan facility they just direct you to the bank so go there yourself, be prepared!!business plan, looking the part etc

Best of luck with this bit, without the funds the dream is dead!:{

Happy Flying