PDA

View Full Version : Bonaire Exel

A Very Civil Pilot
10th Sep 2003, 23:13
Having recently to turn down a job offer for Bonaire Exel, I was wondering if the airline is up and running, and what I might be missing?

xdc9er
16th Sep 2003, 08:55
Your missing ,.......flying the Caribbean, South America, varied(people, as well as places), if its thats what you like ,thats what your missing.
Cheers
May I ask why you turned them down,.....salary, ....perhaps,...
Oh, and they are operational now,..

A Very Civil Pilot
16th Sep 2003, 16:19
xdc9er - salary wasn't exceptional, but it was really a difficult time as far as family was concerned to move 1/2 way round the world at a weeks notice. Hope you're enjoying it.

rjag
19th Sep 2003, 04:10
Can you guys provide a website or perhaps some contact information for those pilots that maybe interested in moving anywhere for a pilot job, like me!

Cheers,

Rjag

Tango24
21st Sep 2003, 16:48
Please send us info on that part of the world! Have looked it all up on the internet a zillion times, but it's always nice to have a little more insight.
What would land someone a job ...... 2000 TT with 200 multi on Islanders and C208 time?

From the size of the forum, it appears that flying there is still the best kept secret. Would love to know more!

Cheers & happy flying!

Panama Jack
22nd Sep 2003, 02:08
I am not so sure if flying in this region is the best kept secret. It is true that there is not much info out and probably not too much info to share-- the problems with the aviation industry in North America and Europe is affecting all regions of the world. Latin America has many of it's own pilots driving taxis or flying overseas just because there are no jobs left. When there are, often local regulations prohibit the employment of foreigners.

Nevertheless, to get back to your question, Belize is one country that does hire foreigners, where there are Jigglybuses to fly (BN Islanders) and C-208's (Maya Island Air operates both). Are there jobs available? Maybe not-- remember everyone wants a job in a country where temps are in the 30's year round and the attitude is "no problem." The other thing about Belize is that you inevitably have to be there, right place at the right time type of scenario.

Good luck.