PDA

View Full Version : Iot 206

thelizardking
10th Sep 2003, 22:46
hello to anyone who is about to start in October, so am i, as a Nav sorry WSO. Has anyone scuffed there boots yet and does anyone know if i am gonna have loads of **** cos of it. I have been walking them in and polishing them up plenty but the inevitable missed step or stupid pedestrian has left me with a few scuffs in the toes. Also has anyone else found anywhere that sells those trouser hangers? apart from at cranwell? I have just been following the info given in the box about bulling my shoes and it seems to be working. Anyway i hope to be seeing you all soon so that we can all suffer together.

Also does anyone know what rank i will be when i start, i have a degree ( well psychology) but that counts.

bighedsmallface
10th Sep 2003, 23:03
Are you for real?:uhoh:

Stonca
10th Sep 2003, 23:03
Sorry mate, I'm not starting IOT 206. But I wanted to ask you a question. You may have seen my thread explaining that I wanted to join as a WSO/Nav.

Just wondering how long it took from starting your application to starting IOT. I'm just about to start my last year of uni and trying to find out when is best to put my application in.

I did try asking a AFCO but got fobbed off.

Cheers

Stonca

moggie
10th Sep 2003, 23:06
Now I feel old! I was on 74 IOT and we are at 206.

Time to break out the incontinence pants and tartan slippers.

thelizardking
10th Sep 2003, 23:20
it took about 8 months in all from walking into the afco, getting the streaming interview, getting a letter for a date at selection, getting through selection and then waiting to see if i got in or not. if you are still at uni then i would say it cant hurt to get things going now, it takes a bloody long time really, especially the waiting in between. Plus i dont actually start till October so it reall takes near on a year before you actually start.

Yes, smalldickbighead i am for real why wouldn't i be??

Anita Bush
10th Sep 2003, 23:21
Try Ikea.

Anita Bush (69 IOT) - One of Miss Piggie's Babies.:D :D :D

Stonca
10th Sep 2003, 23:28
Thanks mate!

AFCO said I couldn't apply until I finished my degree? Try and work that out when the minimum requirement is GCSE's and A-Levels.

Best of luck with IOT

FFP
10th Sep 2003, 23:32
" Anyone know what rank I`ll be ? I have a degree "

:rolleyes: I despair. I really do. . . . . .

rockmav
10th Sep 2003, 23:33
Mighty LizardKing, during IOT you will just be a student officer (as you have a degree) rather than a cadet officer. But this isn't a real 'rank' so to speak, but on completion of IOT you should become a Flying Officer!

I too was supposed to be on IOT 206, but some delay came up with my medical results so I've been bumped onto IOT 207. IOT 206 is C Sqn, im just curious if anyone else knows whether i've got lucky and im gonna be on 'B' Sqn for 207, or does sods law condem me to 'D' Sqn in the depths of winter? Oh well...bring it on...eye of the Tiger!

Training Risky
10th Sep 2003, 23:46
lizardbreath, bighedsmallface probably asked if you were for real after reading your poor paragraph construction and punctuation and the fact that you imply you wear your boots downtown for them to get stepped on by 'pedestrians' and your apparent claim to rank on the basis of holding a degree. (phew, long sentence and no capitals)

by the way student officers graduate as pilot officers then get automatically regraded as flying officers after about 4 days and officer cadets get totally shafted by spending far too many years as acting pilot officers and then pilot officers (about 6 years to get to flight lieutenant)

thelizardking
10th Sep 2003, 23:58
thanks for that, I was confused cos in the literature we got it doesn't say anything about student officers. As for wearing my boots around town, that was what we are told to do in the Familiarisation booklet which is why i asked. Also the reason i asked about rank is cos i had to pay to do a degree, and so i find myself about £16000 in debt, that extra rank is worth about 9 grand a year to me so thanks for your interest FFP but you'd despair too. As for grammar i did mention that the degree was in psychology.

bighedsmallface
11th Sep 2003, 00:23
Thank you for jumping to my defense TR. Just popped off to met and come back to find slanderous allegations being bandied about(no comment on their validity as it may affect the lawsuit I plan to bring).

The WTF?? covers not just the lack of cohesive grammar; the fact that you wore your boots around town is also of grave concern. That said, best of luck and don't take it seriously.

IOT:(

whowhenwhy
11th Sep 2003, 01:53
Sorry, did that man say that he was 'only doing what it said in the leaflet?' Bloody hell that'll never work, send him down for 40 lashes!!!! Stuff wearing your boots round town, stick them in a bath of cold water with some weight in to make them sink. Wait 24 hours, cover in polish and allow to dry for about 72 hours! Voila, one pair of slippers. Oh, and you don't look a plonker wandering around town in your bovver boots! By the way rockmav, if it means anything to you you should be on the glorious Tiger Sqn, not the drowning tuna sqn, nor even the uhh, the other one!

Have fun kids!:ok:

trannies_R_us
11th Sep 2003, 05:28
Lizard King you need to tell your unfriendly AFCO to pull their little thumbs out of their massive rectums and do their job. You do not have to wait to finish your degree to apply. :mad: blunties, they do my :mad: head in!!

Hope you are successful in applying:ok:

Aerobratic
13th Sep 2003, 01:48
Bighedsmallface I am with you.

It scares me what OASC/IOT can (but not always) push....I mean drag through the system.

Mr Lizardy thing, start thinking for yourself mate rather than believing all you are told. Life at IOT will be much more fun. Dont treat it like a psychology experiment.

OK, off into town in my boots........

2port
13th Sep 2003, 16:07
If you're having to ask where to buy trouser hangers on here, best of luck at IOT.

Stuff
14th Sep 2003, 07:33
I had the misfortune :oh: to be on IOT with bighedsmallface and I can confirm he certainly took his own advice of not taking it too seriously :) (Remember the Qaboos party?)

but to get back to the topic..... you say you have been waiting 8 months to get an IOT place and you still have not worked out what rank or how much you are going to get paid? :confused: Those exams must be getting easier after all......

Best of luck old chap!

RRAAMJET
15th Sep 2003, 00:57
:uhoh:

eerrrr....gosh, what a worrysome thread. Lorks-oh-lordy - walking to the pub in bulled DMS tendon-tearers....f**k me, I could barely walk to the dunny let alone put on some boots when I was getting ready for "incarceration" at Crandits. Far too many pints to be consumed under the close eye of my UAS trainers; the 30m sink dash and 100m falling-down-the-hill-in-CEMO (COMBAT EQUIP - MONSTERING ORDER) pi$$ed as a newt... :E :yuk:

I'm with the others mate - take it easy, and they'll guide you through....:ok:

Might as well take a shower with your beret on to get used to the rain while you're at it...;)

Good luck.

Bob Viking
15th Sep 2003, 21:35
There's far too much Bighedsmallface loving going on for my liking!
Since I share a bathroom with him I find it difficult to take anything he says seriously!:yuk:
Just wait. He'll be in work in a couple of hours (time difference don't you know!) and I bet he'll bite!!:E

FFP
15th Sep 2003, 22:06
Was it Rum Jungle, Moons or Chaos this weekend bob ;)

Bob Viking
15th Sep 2003, 22:35
Tiger meet this weekend old chap. Lots of strange americans around in their fancy jets!! Big shin dig at Club 41 followed by the usual debauchery at Joes. My constitution suffered spectacularly!! As a man who knows what we're talking about, when I tell you it took me an hour to walk back to the maple syrup inn, you'll be able to appreciate the amount of swerving in my attempts to walk!! I'm sure BHSF can let you know what else we got up to, cos I have no idea!!:ooh: :ugh: :yuk: :{ :cool:

FFP
15th Sep 2003, 23:01
I bet a certain Brit IP was in his element then !!!

thelizardking
15th Sep 2003, 23:14
Wow, certainly got a reaction. I am fully aware that IOT is not the RAF and am still looking forward to it. As for my boots i continue to wear them into town and anywhere else i can, as i cant see any other way of being able to do the recommended miles in them and still have a life. I went to ikea and got the hangers, that was really helpful cheers.

Stuff
15th Sep 2003, 23:27
As I remember you have to have everything in your drawers in boxes labelled with your name. Best thing for that is shoe boxes, if you have any lying around take them.

A vacuum cleaner is a HUGE help, even a dustbuster will do the trick.

Now remember...... after you have starched your PT kit to death..... with a jump, feet together place!

bighedsmallface
16th Sep 2003, 01:41
Last seen happily hugging another brit stude, just prior to making all the right technicolour yawn noises and actions but with none of the output before staggering off into the night (about 11pm). Later found our course director passed out behind the Karaoke booth in Joes. :yuk:

The weekend held a bit of Stars, a bit of Kaos but we were excluded from the 18-22 night at Legends. First time my id has failed the wrong way! :*

Stuff - I'm sure your memory has been clouded - I was the model Cadet and a shining beacon of responsibility and moderation to all.

;)

BluntM8
18th Sep 2003, 00:45
RockMav,

please check you're private messages. It may be worth talking.

BluntM8