PDA

View Full Version : Exercises to improce eyesight

Stonca
10th Sep 2003, 20:50
Does anyone know of any exercises which can reduce astigmatism?

I'm currently -1.25 CYL (left eye) and -0.75 CYL (right eye), which I'm looking to try and reduce

Thanks in advance,

Stonca

Bad medicine
11th Sep 2003, 05:40
The eye exercises question has come up a number of times, the last one being at: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99836

Astigmatism is a function of the shape of the cornea. I'm not sure how eye exercises can assist with that.

Cheers,

BM

Trust
19th Sep 2003, 16:59
Try to go to the USA eye Research Centre. And look up Laser Glasses. Or Vision training by Natural Eyes.
They work a treat. The principle being the small hole. Try to make a pencil hole in a piece of paper and look trough it. Your vision should improve.

People have been given back their Class One Medical after using the glasses.

Bernd Podhradsky
27th Oct 2003, 20:12
Hi!

There is - at the moment - no definite evidence, that these eye practices do help. I spoke with a few doctors about that and they all told me that this is just nonsense and you can't improve your performance.

What you can do is, that headaches, or even if your eye hurts due to stress situations this is going to decrease, but nothing else.

Kind Regards,
Bernd

MidnightSpecial
27th Oct 2003, 21:53
I did the eye exercises along with ortho-keratology and my vision went from 20/600 to 20/70. My eye doctor insists that the exercises work.

Doctors know their specialty; ones that perform surgery such as LASIK will talk up what they can do and put down the subfield they are not experts in. I went to many eye doctors, unfortunately all surgeons, who told me that my eyes would only get worse unless I received a radial keratotomy. These doctors laughed off ortho-keratology and eye exercises. Guess what, they were wrong.

Always get second and third opinions. If you first go to an eye surgeon then go to an eye doctor who doesn't do the surgery. This made all the difference in my career. I got my class 1 medical and now fly for a major airline.

Now that I am aging I can read without grabbing for the reading glasses since I am still doing the exercises. They work.

MS

MS