PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne Pilot In Court

Falcon Jet Pilot
10th Sep 2003, 18:37
Might Wanna Check This Out

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,7220219%255E661,00.html

Nerik
10th Sep 2003, 18:57
Whether it ws the side effects of the medication or the alcohol, the guy should have not been flying. Thank God he had an incident on ground, I'd hate to think what could have happened had he got airborne.

trium16
11th Sep 2003, 17:33
At least he's suitably contrite. An admirable trait in these days of "blame everyone but yourself".

currawong
13th Sep 2003, 11:42
Article states - "pilots must have a zero alcohol reading"

This debate has come up frequently on the PRUNE, many resting on the old "8 hours bottle to throttle" rule.

Well, 8 hours may not give you a zero reading, which is what is required to crew.

This is a real live example of how the law is applied, a precedent if you will.

Anyway, I'm off for a cold one

:E

compressor stall
14th Sep 2003, 00:32
CAR 256 (2)

A person acting as a member of the operating crew of an aircraft, .... shall not, while so acting ... be in a state in which, by reason of his or her having consumed, used, or absorbed any alcoholic liquor, ... his or her capacity so to act is impaired.
Penalty: 50 penalty units.

In summary, your ability to act cannot be impaired by having consumed alcohol.

Even though you've stopped drinking 10 hours ago it may (will?) still be illegal to work after yesterday's bender.

CAR 256(3) deals with the 8 hour rule - "the glass of wine with dinner restriction" as I put it.

CS

Ibol
17th Sep 2003, 14:21
There's no reference to zero blood alcohol in the CAR's