PDA

View Full Version : Jeez waiting for exam results is horrible

flystudent
10th Sep 2003, 01:36
I did them last week up in Oxford, every night since sitting them I have had terrible nightmares. Every exam I have done since school I get the results within the hour, what's this "days of waiting" all about.

Thurs,Fri,Sat no dreams as no REM engaged due to quantity of alcohol consumed celebrating end of exams, however

Monday night It was getting the phone call from the school asking for my bank details to send back the next installment of my course fees becasue I had flunked them.

Lastnight it was being sat down to get told my best mark was in Mass & Balance , as I expected .......however it was 33% !!

I dont know what to do tonight might have to resort back to booze so I dont get any REM, maybe I wont turn the lights out !!

I have to say I have no idea how I think I did , I found them a lot tougher than I expected, so if you hear the rumour that OATS make the school finals harder than the real thing.... dont buy it !! I personally feel they kicked the S**t out of the finals I did.

Ok off to empty the Nytol bottle and wash em down with a brandy (barrel of).

slystudent :confused:

High Wing Drifter
10th Sep 2003, 06:05
Just thinking I got to go through that in a few months!

Hope it works out for ya Sly!

No worries :cool:

FlyingForFun
10th Sep 2003, 16:40
The day my results for Module 1 arrived, I was at work during the day. On the train on the way home, I phoned AerBabe, and we were still talking when I got home.

I opened the front door and picked up the mail, threw most of it aside, then I saw the letter from the CAA. As soon as I saw the letter, I completely blanked AerBabe, making some "Hmm, yeah" type of noises in roughly the right place, trying not to drop the phone because I was shaking so much. I opened the letter, glanced down at list of Pass marks, double-checked, then checked that the name at the top was right and I wasn't looking at someone else's results, then went back and checked the Met result again because I didn't believe I could possibly have passed then. Then I screamed down the phone.

To this day, over a year later, I still have absolutely no idea what AerBabe was talking about when I interrupted her with my scream. I'm still not sure if she's ever forgiven me for it! (Sorry, again, if you're reading this!)

FFF's hint for the day - women don't like knowing that you're not listening to them. If you're on the phone to a woman when your results arrive, tell them you've got to go, you'll call back in 5 minutes!

Good luck!

FFF
----------------

flyer75
10th Sep 2003, 21:24
hey if you failed some exams dont worry about it!!!the airline industry is **** at the moment..enjoy your reading and drinking..
I did my Jars at OAT,passed them all first time(not bad for a french),anyways the school finals at ox were definitively harder,maybe because you had extra days to study and understand what you did wrong at the finals.
I wish you guys all the best in raininy Kidlington and George street...how did survive 8 months there???my god..

Tailwinds to all