PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways Advert in Flight Int'l 9-15 Sept

EK
9th Sep 2003, 18:52
I notice Qatar Airways are advertising again for Captains & F/O's. It doesn't mention in the advert the following:

"Pilots without a type rating must have a minimum of 2000 hours (airline time) with 1000 hours jet time. Such pilots will be given training on the A300 or A320 and be required to sign a service bond with the Company."

I assume Qatar Airways is having difficulty attracting people and may have to lower their requirements.

Willie Everlearn
9th Sep 2003, 19:47
Not sure what game they are playing but I've noticed their details in Flight and the details on their website conflict.

500 on type but if you aren't type rated they want you to sign a training bond?
When you call them directly for clarification, they want a type rating AND time on type. But, they will ask if you'd be willing to sign a bond?

It sounds to me like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is up to.
After all, it is the Muddle East. So who knows?
:ok:

eaglejet
10th Sep 2003, 07:17
Hi Folks,

I have afriend of mine who would like to apply with QR as an FO.

He is not type rated but he has around 2500 hours of business jet as an SIC and is ready to sign a bond with QR.
He is working in the US in a part 135 company (Charter Operations for those who don't know;) ;) ;) )

Do you think charter operations can be considered as airline time?

And do you think he has a chance to get hired by QR in the short term future, when they will be desperate to find pilots?

Thanks for any pertinent info.......

Cheers

chinny
12th Sep 2003, 18:05
:eek: does he fly a multi engine , multi crew, in a/ways, fill out load sheets, operate fms and f/d,to/ off and land.:confused:

Any q answered yes, then yes it qualifies as airline time-:ok: ----defy any one out there who is non-Biz jet to bring their case fwd.:}

VTSP