PDA

View Full Version : starting salary at QR

eaglejet
9th Sep 2003, 12:53
Hi Folks,

Just wondering if one of you guys can give me an idea of the starting salary at QR for an FO or the average one for a Captain (in USD or Euro, it will prevent me from doing the conversion;) ;) )

I am talking about the money you get in the pocket at the end of the month excluding benefits, allowances....etc

Thanks

FCOLOVER22
9th Sep 2003, 15:23
WELL,

ANOTHER ONE THAT WANTS TO KILL HIMSELF SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY BY COMING HERE....

I AM a cabin crew and i can tell you how much you will earn....

as a f/o you will earn a basic of 12000 Qatari ryals and can go to 15000 qr

a captain will earn around the 30000 qr area.....

this means in dollars one qr equals 3.65 so...

12000 x 3.65....

etc,,,,

pilots are constantly attacked here anyway...would not advise.....

the other day they had a meeting with ceo and asked about future salary raises....you know what he said....

not happy go....
we have many people who are willing to come here....

listen in QATAR AIRWAYS we have the biggest turnover of crew and pilots in the ailine industry so please dont flog yourself ...dont come

you will be signing a death warrant ...apart from the condition in QR you will have the added weather conditions...45-55 celcius in summer.

good luck

chinny
9th Sep 2003, 16:54
:mad: guess you don't like ex-pats hey ????:} :} :}

VTSP 2 U

Qatari515
11th Sep 2003, 17:17
or he is just being honest....

Who will tell.

Total salary F/O 22000QR, capt 28000QR

All the rest......welll euhh

Impresiion: 20 pilots left this month to fly at the start up Air Arabia......says enough no?

homesick rae
11th Sep 2003, 17:56
Yes, and I think the exodus will continue with Etihad operating A330s.

As I and others have said in previous threads on QR, nice place and not a bad life at all, but the fact still remains that the airline is not a stable environment as long as the pin headed tyrant remains at the helm.

Still, it is good to see Cabin Crew back on here again...seems they were all scared off!?

FCOLOVER22
11th Sep 2003, 18:43
SCARED OF WHAT?

IF ITS NOT IN QR ITS SOMEWHERE ELSE

I HAVE A MOTHER AND FATHER WHO CAN STILL TAKE ME IN IN CASE I AM JOBLESS SO I COULDNT CARE LESS ABOUT THIS DUMPY AIRLINE....

Listen chinnny, my dearest chinny...are you stupid or what? ever you ever, i repeat ....ever seeennnn any qataris as cabin crew????

answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

so i guess you'll be saying, where is he getting at????

wellllll, as for your comment on me not liking expats....i am AN EXPAT...... from a better place than this supposed to be OASIS where camels dont even come in the scene.....as the're miles away.....but the real camels we see them every day because they are allover the company.........

pls think twice about coming here....

chinny
11th Sep 2003, 19:10
:rolleyes: stop your ranting and move on......pr*t :hmm:
VTSP

YYZ
11th Sep 2003, 19:38
FCOLOVER22

You seem very upset?(bad day, hangover?)

Are you normaly this highly strung?, i would of thought being in your job it would take alot more ribbing to upset you?
:confused:

FCOLOVER22
12th Sep 2003, 18:18
no i was not having a hangover or anything of the sort, and i wasn't upset either, it's just that it doesnt take much to know that there isn't anyone working ascabin crew in qatar other than expats.....

so it would be a bit stupid to put such a comment as chinny did.....that i didnt like expats because im one of them myself....

by the way usually it does take quite a bit to upset me unless it deals with disrespect and unjust comments etc....

but i would like to enphasize on the fact that i was not upset just commenting on chinny's comment!!!! if you can call it one!

anyway, enough of that......the more accurate info about qrs salaries has come in...

as you know its not a lot but it could be worse.....

28000 to 30000 qrs for a captain...its not that bad but in europe seems to be better....

f/o get an average of 15 to 18 thousand......12000 being basic.

i think its for the ones with minimum experience....

i cant talk about this for sure cause being a cabin crew, its a subject that to talk about it i had to do some research on....

anyway i hope that lets you in on what you needed to know (aimed at the F/0's that wanna come here)

1 USD equals 3.65 qr.

well....once again see you round .....

homesick rae
12th Sep 2003, 18:34
FCOLOVER22:

What's UP!!?

Read my post again and you will see I was welcoming CC back onto QR threads. Reason being that there have been no CC posting on the threads for a while! Also sources have mentioned that AAB had threatened (when doesn't he!!?) CC if they contributed to Pprune Forums.

So, lighten up will you!?

Been there, done that etc etc so i know the score.

I tend to agree with Chinny on this one...bad day/ hangover for sure!

FCOLOVER22
12th Sep 2003, 21:49
well you're right on the rest but wrong on the bad day hangover thing....so maybe you should not take my comments so badly...even if they seemed so...