PDA

View Full Version : Which will come first?

moggie
9th Sep 2003, 05:34
What do you reckon?

Will we get A400M before the JSF or will Euro-delays outstrip USA-delays? Will the Americans manage to plant some evidence of WMD in Iraq before either of these aircraft arrives at an airfield near you?

For what it is worth I think that I will see JSF and A400M before I retire but I am not so sure about WMD (come on George - get the boys to stash some of the stuff in a convenient bunker). That said, maybe the WMD will turn up just before the next US presidential election!

Over to you, folks!

emitex
9th Sep 2003, 06:27
My money is on JSF (providing they change to the CTOL...).

:}

BEagle
9th Sep 2003, 14:51
Quite sure that A400M will fly on time and that the test programme for the aeroplane will proceed satisfactorily.

But whether it'll get through all the role clearances for all nations' applications without delay could be another matter..........

And isn't JSF already flying in prototype form?

No doubt some Spam spook will find bits of an old Iraqi luminous watch and claim it as "Evidence these mothers have a goddam nuke program. Let's go kick us some more butt - hooah!"

emitex
9th Sep 2003, 20:51
isn't JSF flying in prototype form?

Well it did, the 2 prototypes are now in museums and are a lot different to the production versions (proto having metallic skins, COTS avionics and 5 inches shorter to name a few aspects).

With regard to manufacture, it's easy to assume that because LM and friends had an exceptional development program, the production phase will be as slick.