PDA

View Full Version : makes me proud

jeroen_kim
8th Sep 2003, 20:35
makes me damn proud when i read these articles.

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/35933/

Does SAA just quickly use the aircraft that is in LHR? or specially fly one in, anyone know who flew this one

B Sousa
8th Sep 2003, 20:42
Must have been nice to see three 747s in a flyby. My criticism on that is not the Aviating but the fact that the Airline utilizes Taxpayer Money. The country is in some aspects in dire need of funds, ie Police Vehicles without gas etc and they do this sh*t. Can you eve fathom the expense.
Its sort of like the band playing tunes while the Titanic goes under.

Dop
8th Sep 2003, 21:53
I just wonder what the passengers must have been thinking while all that was going on....

4granted
9th Sep 2003, 03:30
So where are the PICTURES?????

Dam it musta been GOOD!

4g;)

bluesafrica
9th Sep 2003, 05:43
B Sousa,
I would think that this was fuel well spent act! You must agree in your heart!
Blues:ok:

B Sousa
9th Sep 2003, 11:40
Sorry Blues
Again, nice to see, but I cant buy it based on conditions. If da Gubament wasnt involved, it wouldnt have happened.

jeroen_kim
9th Sep 2003, 13:33
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=101658&highlight=duxford

Sir Cumference
9th Sep 2003, 18:46
SAA have over the years done some of the most spectacular (safe!) flypasts at various airshows. Some of the senior pilots in the airline are very active in the airshow scene and understand the requirements for safety. Scully, Dennis, Johan, Laurie are some of those who have been involved in the planning and excellent execution of these displays. The most memorable being Laurie's flypast before the Rugby World Cup at Ellis Park. Simply marvelous!!

It is a great 'flag waving' display that makes every South African proud. Passengers are not on the aircraft (Normally) and the aircraft is taken off line and the display is aprt of a 'training excercise'.

Long may it continue!