PDA

View Full Version : Mtl V Fr. Dubbhx

Maverik1
8th Sep 2003, 20:27
Does anyone have any idea what the load factors are looking like for MTL and FR in the battle for the BHXDUB route?

lowfaresbuster
8th Sep 2003, 20:53
don't forget EI (Aer Lingus) is in there also- i think some bookie should make a book on the first casualty- it's not big enough for all 3:
My odds would be- 1st to go;-

MyTravellite 4/5
Aer Lingus 5/4
Ryanair 10/1

brabazon
8th Sep 2003, 20:58
FR are claiming good booking figures, but we'll have to wait til a couple of months after they start operating the new schedules to find out the results. At the level of fares that MTL and FR are currently charging they should be able to stimulate the market, but at "realistic" fares they may struggle.

MarkD
8th Sep 2003, 22:05
Aren't Flybe still on DUB-BHX too?

lowfaresbuster
8th Sep 2003, 22:12
Maverik1-- not any more

U/S President
9th Sep 2003, 07:06
Maverik1: Does anyone have any idea what the load factors are looking like for MTL and FR in the battle for the BHXDUB route?
It would be somewhat difficult to calculate MyTravelLite’s load factors on a route that they don’t start operating for 22 days. Especially as Irish Sea routes should traditionally have good proportion of close-to-departure bookings.

Both carriers are obviously claiming good sales but they’re hardly going to say the opposite are they. Personally, I would take any stats provided by Ryanair in particular with a pinch of salt: their claim (http://www.ryanair.com/press/2003/aug/gen-en-270803.html) to have taken 12,000 bookings for BHX-GRO and BHX-MJV in the first week seems a little far-fetched IMHO.

Whispering Giant
9th Sep 2003, 11:12
MarkD - Flybe dont operate BHX-DUB-BHX. The only DUB routes we operate are from EXT and SOU.

Rgds
W.G

MarkD
9th Sep 2003, 17:15
WG

thankee :D

They operate ORK-BHX and for some reason I thought they went to DUB too.