PDA

View Full Version : Simuflight NZ

Sqwark2000
7th Sep 2003, 14:53
Heard the other day that 6 or so instructors resigned enmass a week or two ago, and that there is/was an investigation re: NZQA/Student Loans.

Anyone confirm/deny or add to the story.

S2K

Thump & Go
8th Sep 2003, 01:35
Hadn't heard that quality rumour S2K,but have heard that 2 new guys were hired day before yesterday - 1 for HLZ,1 for Ardmore.
Good to see you back on the scent!;) :ok:

Split Flap
8th Sep 2003, 08:07
Whatever happened to their CFI that left under dubious circumstances about a year ago?

the maori mobster
8th Sep 2003, 13:25
i think he went to work for the woman's refuge

always inverted
8th Sep 2003, 13:48
They must be doing a bit cause I've seen them funneling upstairs at Buckley Airs hangar.

fly real fast
11th Sep 2003, 04:06
Sorry, this is a bit off the topic but does anyone know what happened to Damien Buckley? Did he end up flying for Buckley Air?
Is he still flying? Anything?????

troppo
11th Sep 2003, 05:39
CFI was at Mercer Flying Centre last i heard

Rich-Fine-Green
11th Sep 2003, 06:00
Also off topic:

How are the new Diamond trainers working out?.

always inverted
11th Sep 2003, 13:28
fly real fast...

From what I know, Buckley Air does still exist, but just Part 91 ops for now but heard a couple of things are in the pipeline, and who is damian buckley, is he a relation of the owner ?

Anyone...
Yeah, I heard that he was down there to, didn't he leave when it got to hard or something.

How true is it that Fright 2k have employed some guys from Massey ???

fly real fast
11th Sep 2003, 15:34
He is a relative of the owner of Buckley Air. Remember he was always going to fly his Uncles (?) aerostar when he finished. Just wondering if that ever eventuated or fell by the wayside like others

Also heard a couple of Massey instructors are on the Air Nelson course next week. Maybe some openings for multi instructors:O :O :O

flaming_moe
12th Sep 2003, 08:51
I thought simuflight were doing real well....werent they advertising for new instructors just over a month ago?! :confused:

Turtledove
28th Sep 2003, 04:08
Was out there last week, the same lot of instructors were there minus one who had left to go to a new job, so not sure where the rumour of a mass walk-out came from, obvoiusly a stirrer, plenty of them in this industry yeh. A couple of new ones had started, was chatting them, only been there a week or so, so the place seems to be doing well, loads of students everywhere.

Asked about the old CFI that was, down at Mercer last time they heard anything.