PDA

View Full Version : Bahrain traffic and travel news

reverserunlocked
6th Sep 2003, 03:37
This is one for residents of Bahrain, if you'd be so kind.

This is an odd question, but if one was compiling say a radio travel report for Bahrain in the morning rush hour, what would it contain? ie which are the busy hotspots that would merit a mention?

I'm quite happy to enlighten any curious BAH-ers that want to know what I'm up to by way of PM.

Thanks guys

RU:ok:

sirwa69
7th Sep 2003, 16:29
Well, The Burgerland roundabout would have long tailbacks towards Budayia because the traffic cop was trying to help :mad:

Pearl roundabout would be backed up coming from Seef and the fire station.
Traffic would stretch back from the Sitra causway lights on Kuwait Avenue right back to the British Club because inconsiderate W@nkers were cutting in. :mad:

There would be a crash on the Sitra causway :rolleyes:

5000 parents are trying to get their kids to school in Isa town at the same time. :ouch:

And every man and his dog are trying to get out of Muharaq

:}

On On

reverserunlocked
8th Sep 2003, 09:59
You're a gent Sirwa69...:ok:

Xeque
9th Sep 2003, 20:46
Ah Sirwa69 - it's a Hasher you are.
Your comments bring a tear and fond memories. Pleasant as it is where I am now, I do miss Bahrain.

sirwa69
10th Sep 2003, 14:40
Xeque

Many people here would swap for Thailand any time. However tis pleasant here.

There is some very good hashing to be had in Thailand have a look at the following link for contact details.

Thailand Hashes (http://www.gthhh.com/database/counsrch.asp?srchcoun=Thailand)

Have fun :ok:

On On

TAF Oscar
11th Sep 2003, 18:19
Of course the Seef Flyover Project will resolve the Seef/Pearl roundabout snarlups, won't it? And the upgrade for the Sitra causeway will sort that one out. :rolleyes: And as for the Juffair to Muharraq bridge, one of these days...

Don't forget the jams from the Saudi causeway all the way to the airport/Riffa if some bigwig is in town, can't be holding up those motorcades now can we.

And what it will be like during the F1 GP week leading up to "04-04-04" is anybody's guess.

Nightrider
12th Sep 2003, 00:54
Hi T-O....long time no see...could not even say goodbye...the employer changed the non-existing procedures...and I was to leave within 5 hours....all the best

TAF Oscar
12th Sep 2003, 01:27
Hey, Nightrider! :ok: How goes it? Where did you end up, back to that other island?

I heard from one of your Kiwi oppo's that you'd gone, thought it was a bit sudden. Of course we're used to the locals reserving the right to change their minds at a moments notice...

Life here goes on as usual, still the same nonsense with the hours and the politics, for the rest the worst of the summer is over and 10 days vacation coming up :cool:

I'm raising my beer to you as I post - succes!

TAF-O