PDA

View Full Version : B737 Fuel Penalty for Non-Normals

Flying_Tuur
5th Sep 2003, 20:33
Hi,

I'm reviewing my Fuel chapter, fuel policy etc...

I found some of my old material stating fuel penalties for non-normals, but I'm not very sure about the numbers..

* Flight with gear down: +50% (only for on the spot estimate, real numbers can be found in QRH)

* What about Fuel Consumption with Flaps extended, e.g. Diversion with Flaps problem, Flaps stuck at 1, 5, 10, ...? In the past I oted 10% or 75kg/hr, but I can't remember with which flaps setting these are, or for which variant (200? 300? 700?)

Anyone?

Thanks,

FT

Icare
7th Sep 2003, 20:51
A partial answer only:

- The Flight crew training manual (FCTM) says in chapt 4.1 that FF during holding with flap 1 is aproximately 10% more than with flap up

- the Flight planning & performance manual (FPPM) says in the intro of the chapter 2 that during descent each additional minute of flap down consumes about 75 kg of additional fuel (gear retracted!)

I know different company or pilot's notes state that the fuel burn with LE extended is increased by about 10% but I can not find it back in my boeing official docs.

Pls keep me advised if you get more
regards:ok:

Yarpy
7th Sep 2003, 23:25
I once had to operate a gear down ferry and remember the aircraft drank fuel like it was going out of fashion. I recall there were no figures for the descent; we had to decline descent at the usual 3 degree point to avoid a high penalty.

Confused everybody I recall . . .