PDA

View Full Version : UK job info required

birddog305
5th Sep 2003, 19:00
People,

There's been some talk about jobs in the UK. I'm not planning on leaving this beautiful sunny country, but does anyone know of any websites that advertise GA jobs (if there IS any work)? Is there a 'Windy' over there that advertises jobs?

(Thanks for posting all the jobs from the Australian Windy!).
Thanks, all
:ok:

Aviation Trainer too
5th Sep 2003, 20:12
Nope no work unless expirienced with Jet time. Only easy and ryr recruiting.

Anti Skid On
5th Sep 2003, 20:46
And if applying for Ryan expect to pay for your application form to even be considered. I did read somewhere (Here I think (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100519)) that BA were expecting a major clear out next year (but I've heard that before), so things may move up on the food chain - have you got a JAA licence?

(edited to add link)

birddog305
7th Sep 2003, 13:46
Thanks people,
I just applied for a British pasport, and got one. Lucky I guess, since my folks just went there for 1 year for work and I happened to be born then!
JAA licences look like a lot of money, and a lot of money! It may not be worth the hassel. Australia is a great place to live and work.
I have only 500 hrs and a MECIR. If anybody has time, and has done this before I would be interested in learning what you did.
Thanks again.

tobzalp
7th Sep 2003, 17:43
bd a few of my mates looked at doing the move but with the frigging around for the different licence stuff they gave up in the end. One in particular had 4000hrs or so with 1500 turbine and in the end stuck around here and is flying VB (I guess that is by default for a pommy). no regrets from what I hear (he is actually a pom as well)

Sperm Bank
7th Sep 2003, 19:03
Birddog there is a young lady by the name of REDSNAIL who frequents these forums. She is currently in the UK and may be able to tell you what the go is these days.

redsnail
7th Sep 2003, 20:54
Not so young now thanks :D
At the moment the only folk getting work are those who are bloody lucky and have come out of a full time course or those who have paid for a type rating. That type rating ranges from the Shorts to 737's.
EasyJet and Ryanair aren't taking many on with less than 500 hours. They are actively looking for people with significant jet time or turboprop guys that are happy(?) to pay for their endorsement. Most of the other recruitment is for folks with turboprop time etc.

GA? Hardly exists in Europe. You need a minimum of 700 hours before you can carry pax in light twins. Only site I know of that has job and company info is PPJN (http://www.ppjn.org)