PDA

View Full Version : Qantas Online Schedules Updated

Wirraway
5th Sep 2003, 17:32
From Sydney Airport Message Board

Qantas Online Schedules Updated

Looks like QF have finally finished updating the online schedule for the period of OCT 27 03 to MAR 2004. Here are some of the major changes:

INTERNATIONAL:

*QF85/86 BNE-HKG will be re-instated with a 3xweekly service using 767s

*QF179/180 which operate from MEL to NRT will be re-instated as a daily service replacing QF21/22 which will no longer continue to MEL from SYD

*Daily B763 service from SYD-CNS-NRT-CNS-SYD replacing the 4xweekly B743 service that currently operates on the route

*The daily BNE-CNS-NRT-CNS-BNE service will be re-introduced using 763s

*B763s will replace all 737s on flights from SYD-AKL-SYD

*QF77/78 which currently operates as PER-SIN-PER will continue onto HKG as it did before the SARS outbreak this will commence in JAN04

*QF41/42 will increase from 4 to 6 flights a week

*QF63/64 SYD-JNB-SYD will increase from 4 to 5 flight a week

*Services to Rome have been suspended but Paris will get a extra flight from OCT taking the total of 3xweekly from PER and SIN

*QF51/52 will be operated by 744s instead of 743s

*QF21/22 will be operated by 743s instead of 744s

*QF3/4 will be operated by 743s instead of 763s

DOMESTIC:

*The A332s will no longer be used on SYD-BNE/MEL flights these aircraft will only be used from SYD/MEL to PER while they wait to be converted to Intl config

*737s repalce 767s on flights from BNE-DRW and SYD-DRW

*717s will be used on BNE-CNS and SYD-CNS flights as well as many other holiday type routes to Glod Coast etc

*737s replace a number of 146 flights on east coast routes

*With OGV going to AO QF will no longer operate all economy 767s hence the use of 717s on more holiday type flights.

If anyone else notices any other changes feel free to add them to the list.

Thanks
Ben O

============================================

Pic: Qantas B-767 VH-EAQ taxiing to rwy 19

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=75752

Photo: Wirraway

============================================

Keg
6th Sep 2003, 07:24
Phew, my HNL trip late in the roster still safe!! :D

Other than that, some good pick ups for 767 drivers!! Although I can see us being caught short of S/Os now that some of them are going to the 744! Thank goodness things are picking up again!

The_Cutest_of_Borg
6th Sep 2003, 07:41
You got a HNL trip KEG?!!?!?!?

You'll lose that Domestic Zen I was at such pains to instill!!!!

Then you'll get a taste for that sinful International flying and before you know it, you'll be off to the -400 for a blissful semi-retirement!

no good of this will come.....

(hums DZ mantra..... cleared direct.....ommmmmm ..... cleared direct....ommmmmm)

(anyone confused by this... just ignore it .....private jokes..) now where is that blissed out emoticon??

..and the daily CNS-NRT's are back!!!

KEG!!! We need to pack our sunglasses for "The Truck" again!!

:8 :8

mauswara
6th Sep 2003, 18:44
717?? BNE-CNS.MAYBE!! SYD-CNS?? with the wet approaching, I don't think so.they must mean SYD-(MKY)-CNS! they couldn't do SYD-HAMMO direct w/- req'ments - - oops, sorry they could, it's just that the pax want their bags to arrive when they do, not when they're leaving.

thumpa
6th Sep 2003, 19:05
Yes mauswara

You know more than anyone else at operations. Check the schedule for yourself meathad!!!

Pimp Daddy
6th Sep 2003, 19:49
Looking on the schedule I found this one:

Tue 25th November

QF1708
Dep Sydney 1140
Arr Cairns 1345
Flight Time 3:05
Operated by Qantaslink - Impulse Airlines

And coming back:

QF1709
Dep Cairns 1420
Arr Syd 1820
Flight time 3:00

Scheduling says it can do it, what does the plane say?

OBNO
7th Sep 2003, 07:55
All sounds very promising.

Anyone know if the A330s for the International Schedules will require SO's?

RaTa
7th Sep 2003, 12:14
OBNO

The 767 will probably loose its international flying to the 330 sometime mid next year. When that happens, there will be SOs on the 330.

HAMO
7th Sep 2003, 18:51
No prob with the 717 ops SYD-HTI i.e leaving bags behind.

31 717 flights a week into HTI now from SYD and BNE .. obviously something is working!!!

ditzyboy
7th Sep 2003, 21:19
HAMO -
Yeh. Don't you just love all these people "in the know".

Having said that I believe that VH-VQC, D and E (or just D and E?) are restricted somehow on longer flights. Heard that from someone in the Cabin Services Dept so I don;t know how true it is or if it was weight and balance issues or a payload thing.

I do know that the 717 is too heavy at the front and they are always looking for ways to shift weight down the back. Dunno is that is something to do with it.

I have certainly never heard of pax leaving without their bags. Anyone who has offloaded said pax's bags care to speak up?

mauswara
8th Sep 2003, 08:49
THUMPA, If you're going to start name calling, at least get the spelling right. DICKHAD!!