PDA

View Full Version : A C S A Chairman Steps Down

BAKELA
5th Sep 2003, 15:39
The Board of Directors non-executive chairman of Airports Company South Africa, Mashudu Ramano, has confirmed his decision to retire from his position.

Speaking at the annual general meeting on Thursday, Romano said: "My time at ACSA was very fulfilling. I leave behind a strong board and a dedicated management team.

"My chairmanship took place during some very challenging times in the aviation industry particularly after the September 11 catastrophe. Despite the volatility in the industry, ACSA is continuously delivering world-class infrastructure, promoting tourism and economic growth in cities and towns in which we operate."

Transport Minister Dullah Omar announced that Tommy Oliphant, current executive chairman of Aventura Resorts, would take over from Ramano with immediate effect.

"We wish to thank Mr Ramano, who also acted as managing director prior to the appointment of Ms Monhla Hlahla, for his contribution to the growth of ACSA. We also wish Mr Oliphant success in his new position," the minister said.

Oliphant began his career with the Metal and Electrical Workers Union of South Africa (Mewusa) where he served on various committees as head of the Union.

He completed a Unisa certificate programme in Industrial Relations in 1982, a Special Diploma in Social Studies from Oxford University in 1989, an Advanced Management Programme from AMP Templeton College, Oxford in 1993 and the Management Advancement Programme at WITS Business School in 1996.

He was also a board member of various companies including Johnnic Holdings and Africa Construction.

Source : Business Day / Sapa