PDA

View Full Version : QantasLink to Kunnas!!

Capn Bloggs
5th Sep 2003, 11:03
Now the cat's going to get amoungst the pijins!

The Oz, 5Sep03:

"Qantaslink will operate a direct service between Perth and KNX between May and September. QF Exec Gen manager Subsidiary Businesses Narenda Kumar said the move followed consultation with the KNX community, the tourism industry and the WA government".

Bring on them Fokkers, those skinny, long, thin excuses for a jet, and let's have a good old commercial stouch! The gas chambers'll have their anti-icing engines by then, cruising along in the stratosphere running on the smell of an oily rag, together with their nice wide cabin and smooth gear. And in the cabin, it'll be a battle of the boys and girls. Hats verses Hatless! May the best chalmers win!

Only problem: "May to September" has just about ended for this year...

PS: Kym and the canetoads: ****** off.

fruitloop
5th Sep 2003, 15:55
I thought that the chambers already had the anti-iced APU's !!

cunninglinguist
5th Sep 2003, 16:19
Bloggs, may I suggest there will be only one operator into KNX, and they will probably struggle to make a profit.

Fruitloop, most of the 146s now have no icing restrictions, although there are a few of the old engines still in circulation.

Sperm Bank
5th Sep 2003, 18:36
Bloggsy that is a fair sector in a chamber. How long will that take and how will you go when an alt is req'd?

pullock
5th Sep 2003, 19:46
It might be a long way in a pig, but not so far in a 717!!

Capn Bloggs
5th Sep 2003, 23:32
Pullock,
I'll take my chances in a 146-300 thanks. 1300 air nms with 80 pax from a 35deg terrain-limited airfield in a 1.6% canetoad? You're dreaming, mate. Stick to your short-haul stuff.

Spermbank,
Yes, a bit of a stretch, I must admit, but we'd all be stuffed if there's an alternate on. Give us plenty of time to read the KNX news. Now we've got ILSs on every runway, the only thing that will hurt is FOG (and maybe a 100kt headwind!).

GoNorth
6th Sep 2003, 12:16
35 Deg. That's a winter day in Kunnas!!! what about when summer/Wet comes? :}

ditzyboy
6th Sep 2003, 14:56
I am positive that AN operated into KNX with the 146 nonstop one way and via KTA the other. Dunno which way around it was but it was a Mon Wed Fri service. For a time on Fri I think it might have been via GYL.... I didn't even know it had an airport.

topend3
9th Sep 2003, 11:25
yes, an operated this one direct and back the other way via Karratha, direct flight time on the -200 per-knx was about 3hrs20 mins.