PDA

View Full Version : Airport owners assoc crying wolf!!!

snarek
5th Sep 2003, 09:40
I heard the pres of the airport owners assoc on ABC radio this morning.

He was oh so upset because he THOUGHT an aircraft in the Uluru MBZ didn't make a call. This was such a great safety issue!!!

He was in my view crying wolf and using safety as an excuse to make collecting revenue easier.

Of course we are talking MBZ's vs CTAFs. They are worried their revenue will slow down with CTAFs. Well Sir, Uluru is an MBZ, a CTAF will make no difference.

What rot.

But what is, in my view, stupid and dangerous, is to cry safety whenever you don't get your way (are you listening CASA!).

It is also my view that certain airport owners are creating safety issues by overcharging.

Someday someone is going to stop listening!!! Then safety WILL be compromised.

It is my view that Mr McArdle is doing his members, and GA, a disservice by perpetuationg this scaremongering rot!!!

AK

Pharcarnell
5th Sep 2003, 10:56
Allowing that it's $60 to put a bug smasher down at Yulara, he's got a nerve whinging on any front.

We should be representing the gross overcharging to the ACCC to see if they can justify the exhorbitant rip off they are pulling.

OpsNormal
5th Sep 2003, 16:35
The Rock.... No charge for itinerant a/c (getting fuel and/or not dropping-off or picking-up pax), and staying for less than an hour.

Regards,
Ops.

triadic
5th Sep 2003, 21:01
These comments from the A.A.A. are all about collecting landing charges and have NOTHING to do with safety.

I am sure the 9/11 aircraft used their radio to b'cast their intentions...not! so why would use of r/t here in a MBZ or CTAF make a difference??? Yeah, right!

What cr@p.. makes the airport assoc look like fools!