PDA

View Full Version : B733 Eis Warning Light

LEM
5th Sep 2003, 02:29
Had a discussion about the little red warning light on the EIS (N1, EGT, N2) and we wondered about the following points:

1) Would you abort if at about 100kts you get the two EGT warning lights?

2) Is the EGT light "intelligent", I mean is the limit fixed to 930° or is it related to the actual setting? (for example MCT=895°)

3)Is there a buffer or does the light come on if you exceed by one percent 106N1 and 105N2?

Flying_Tuur
5th Sep 2003, 03:49
At 100 kts, I would indeed abort take-off. That is sitting behind my desk thinking about it... In real life I would probably go after 80 kts, since I would be mentally prepared to stop only for any fire or smoke, an engine failure, take-off warning or a control problem (unflyable condition). Add windshear warning on the NG up to 100 kts. By the time I would have assessed the sitution, I think I would be so close to V1 that I should continue anyhow...

As for the EGT light, I have no clue if it is intelligent.. I think not (appart from the flashing indication at engine start). During flight my guess is that it will only come on at 930. If it exceeds 895, you have 5 minutes to spot it...

Don't think there is a buffer for the N1 and N2 light. My manual states: "indicates the Nx limit has been reached or exceeded"
The part "has been reached" lets me think of no buffer. Can't see why anyhow, it is an actual limit, not an almost limit...

Nice question, like to see how others think about it..

FT